Our Portfolio Management Team are looking for a Team Lead Cross Commodity & Energy Transition to lead the development and optimisation of the regional cross commodity and energy transition portfolio for Central & Eastern Europe.
Working as part of our Portfolio Management team you will play a key part in expanding SEFE’s presence in East and Southeast Europe. This is a permanent role based in our Swiss office carrying the need to travel for circa 30% of the time.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Lead development and optimisation of the regional cross commodity and energy transition portfolio
- Work with Head of CEE Origination to develop team’s strategy and decide on prioritisation of resources and capital allocation (e.g., geographical and product focus)
- Coordinate workload among the team members to ensure maximum team efficiency
- Ensure continuous re-population of Central & Eastern European power & energy transition products deal pipeline (incl. new deals, deal renewals & expansions), and manage sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, and contracting processes by performing (or ensuring performance of) the tasks like:
- Actively look for origination opportunities in Central & Eastern Europe by frequently meeting with generators, suppliers, developers and other relevant counterparties.
- Develop new origination ideas based on market developments and client interactions
- Originate, evaluate, negotiate, contract and close traditional (e.g., power contracts, gas to power tolling) as well as energy transition (e.g., green certificate, Renewables PPA) deals in Central & Eastern Europe;
- Originate, evaluate, negotiate, contract and close commercial infra. opportunities (e.g., storage, other commercial tolling, cross border capacities);
- Ensure all transactions meet relevant policies and standards at every stage of the deal life-cycle/pipeline;
- Assist in the effective integration of closed deals and structures within the organisation (e.g., Opread process);
- Ensure strategic relationships with core internal business partners for example Trading desk, optimisation, analytics, risk, IT, etc. are built and maintained and
- Provide required counterparty relationship support for deals that have already been executed and passed to relevant parts of the organisation for operation.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING
- Education to degree level or equivalent qualification or experience
- Proven experience in lading and managing teams
- Insight and knowledge of the Central and Eastern European markets
- Proven experience within energy markets (gas, power, LNG & energy transition)
- Excellent communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Pro-active approach to building strategic relationships and finding market opportunities
- Ability to explain complex technical subjects to audiences of different skills and experience
- Consistent delivery of revenue & targets
- Fluency in English combined with fluency in an eastern European language
- Flexibility to circa 30% travel
Securing Energy for Europe – it’s a simple statement, with a bold ambition. SEFE is not just our name, but also encompasses everything that drives us. To accomplish this, we’re taking immediate action to secure gas supply – but also looking forward, to explore our role in the European energy transformation and how we can contribute to a stable and sustainable future.
As a fully-integrated energy company, we serve our customers with an end-to-end energy value chain – from sourcing and trading to transport, storage, and sales. Together, we ensure the security of gas supply in Germany and Europe and drive the green energy transformation. Our international teams work across locations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We’re passionate about energy and the important role it can play in shaping a better future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution.
We offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive and broad reaching benefits package.
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.