Senior Regulatory Manager – Hydrogen (m/f/d)
As the Senior Regulatory Manager – Hydrogen, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an up to date, forward looking view of relevant regulations (e.g., RED III) and standards related to H2 & H2 derivatives production, storage, transportation, and H2 usage in Germany, Europe, UK, US & Canada. You will assess the latest regulatory developments and derive implications for specific H2 projects and the overall H2 ambition and strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Senior Regulatory Manager – Hydrogen, will provide regulatory support, guidance and best practices to the Hydrogen project teams and the wider organisation, to ensure compliance with Hydrogen related regulations and standards. You will also support negotiations on Commercial terms and conditions of hydrogen and hydrogen derivative projects. In addition, you will;
- Work with regulatory agencies, associations and industry groups to advocate for policies and regulatory standards that enable a fast ramp up on the H2 economy
- Participate in conferences and working groups to be informed of regulatory trends, insights and potential future change.
- Build, share and develop regulatory expertise in h2 and H2 derivatives within H2A and wider organisation
- Prepare presentations with key findings of regulatory analysis for senior management’s review and approval of projects and transactions
- Share information and knowledge with the community of regulatory experts in the wider organisation
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
To be successful in this role you will need an excellent understanding of the energy sector and decarbonisation regulation and policies in Germany and Europe, key regulatory bodies, directives and priorities. Specifically your knowledge of regulation and policies for H2 and H2 derivatives in Germany and Europe, its key requirements, deficiencies, uncertainties and upcoming changes is essential in this role. You will also bring;
- Solid experience interacting with energy policymakers, regulatory bodies, industry associations, subsidy scheme operators in Germany and Europe and a network of contacts
- Effective communication skills and the ability to present complex issues concisely for relevant target groups, including senior management, external stakeholders and public bodies
- Experience and readiness to work in an international environment, including regular business travel within and outside Germany
- Fluency in German and English
Securing Energy for Europe – it’s a simple statement, with a bold ambition. SEFE is not just our name, but also encompasses everything that drives us. To accomplish this, we’re taking immediate action to secure gas supply – but also looking forward, to explore our role in the European energy transformation and how we can contribute to a stable and sustainable future.
As a fully-integrated energy company, we serve our customers with an end-to-end energy value chain – from sourcing and trading to transport, storage and sales. Together, we ensure the security of gas supply in Germany and Europe and drive the green energy transformation. Our international teams work across locations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We’re passionate about energy and the important role it can play in shaping a better future.