We are looking for a senior legal counsel to join our Legal Team and work closely with front office, support functions and colleagues
to provide pro-active legal support, advice and assistance.
What you will do:
Some of the key activities include:
- Negotiating and drafting gas and power documentation – including bespoke gas and power trading agreements, transportation and storage agreements, structured transactions under framework agreements (EFET, etc.), power purchase agreements and emissions agreements
- Assisting on contentious gas and power matters
- Providing Legal support to set up new trading locations
- Reviewing and agreeing confidentiality agreements, term sheets, and pre-contractual and bid documentation
- Monitoring and remaining ahead of changes in applicable laws and regulations impacting on the gas and power trading business
- Proving proactive assistance with the development of Trading legal capability, e.g. developing standard form documentation.
- Advising on a range of regulatory issues from a legal perspective (MiFID, REMIT, trading licenses, etc.)
- Work closely with front office, other support functions and colleagues in the Legal team
What you will bring
- Excellent understanding of the law relating to gas and power trading and proven experience in this area
- Excellent understanding of legal issues arising under trading contracts and proven experience in this area
- Strong business acumen coupled with entrepreneurial flair and energy and able to flourish in a dynamic, challenging environment
- Excellent negotiator, with ability to adapt negotiating style to achieve commercial aims
- Excellent understanding of the significance of company compliance
- Concern for accuracy
- Ability to build solid working relationships with Front, Middle and Back Office
- Strong team player who is self-motivated whilst also able to work autonomously when required
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills; confident and articulate
- Flexible and able to respond to changing requirements according to business demands
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Qualified as a solicitor in the UK or a Commonwealth jurisdiction.
Securing Energy for Europe – it’s a simple statement, with a bold ambition. SEFE is not just our name, but also encompasses everything that drives us. To accomplish this, we’re taking immediate action to secure gas supply – but also looking forward, to explore our role in the European energy transformation and how we can contribute to a stable and sustainable future.
As a fully-integrated energy company, we serve our customers with an end-to-end energy value chain – from sourcing and trading to transport, storage and sales. Together, we ensure the security of gas supply in Germany and Europe and drive the green energy transformation. Our international teams work across locations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We’re passionate about energy and the important role it can play in shaping a better future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution. We offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes:
- Bonus earning potential
- Non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 2 volunteering days
- Buy / sell holidays
- Life assurance
- Medical and dental insurance
- Range of optional flexible benefits
You can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.