The security manager’s role is crucial for ensuring the safety and security of employees, visitors, and company assets, whilst working with the business to improve and develop policies and procedures that support SEFE’s operations. The successful candidate will be supporting the Vice President of Facility Management UK in managing and ensuring SEFE’s corporate security, whilst maintaining high quality, cost-effective and resilient solutions that provide the utmost protection.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures that address access control, visitor management, emergency response, and other security-related protocols.
- Manage 24/7 security team including provision of 24hr global control room.
- Manage access control, CCTV, and intruder alarm systems to ensure that only authorized personnel can enter the building and activities are monitored and recorded.
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of access control, CCTV, intruder alarm and security cameras and alarm systems.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify potential security threats and vulnerabilities within the office building. This includes assessing physical security, information security, and personnel security risks.
- Develop and implement emergency response plans for various scenarios, such as fires, natural disasters, and security incidents. Conduct regular drills and training exercises to ensure preparedness.
- Respond to security incidents and investigate breaches, thefts, or other security-related issues. Coordinate with law enforcement when necessary.
- Stay updated on the latest security technologies and recommend improvements to the security infrastructure, such as upgrading access control systems or surveillance cameras.
- Monitor and analyze security threats and incidents both locally and globally to stay informed and adapt security measures accordingly.
- Manage relationships with security service providers, contractors, and vendors who supply security-related equipment and services.
- Promote security awareness and best practices among employees, including training on topics like physical security, and personal safety.
- Ensure that the corporate office building complies with all relevant security regulations and industry standards.
- Develop and manage the security budget, including allocating resources for security initiatives and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of security incidents, activities, and improvements, and provide regular reports to senior management.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local law enforcement agencies to facilitate cooperation in security matters.
- Provide executive protection for senior executives and visiting dignitaries if required.
- Support Facility Management H&S Team
- Develop and implement relevant health and safety procedures and practices.
- Ensure safe working practices complying with H&S legislation.
- Carry out risk assessments including task specific and event management.
- Carry out routine audits and inspections.
- Investigate/record incidents, accidents and near misses.
- Management of permit systems
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Experience in a similar role successfully delivering security services in corporate environment.
- Demonstrable ownership of integrated physical security systems.
- Experience of managing contractors & suppliers.
- Experience of managing team of security offices.
- Pro-active approach, Excellent organisational, interpersonal and managerial skills
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise and manage conflicting demands in a busy trading organisation.
- Excellent communication skills/able to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Ability to monitor deadlines and performance in-line with required standards outlined within contracts.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong PC literacy e.g., MS Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and its application in the workplace.
- A good people manager with experience of coaching and performance management.
- Degree level education or equivalent preferred
- Licensed to operate CCTV systems.
- IOSH managing Safely Health certificate or equivalent and or willingness to work towards this.
- First aid trained or willingness to work towards this.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution.
We offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes:
- Non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 2 volunteering days
- Buy / sell holidays
- Life assurance
- Medical and dental insurance
- Range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in London, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Join SEFE and help us secure gas supply across Europe and shape a better, more sustainable tomorrow.