Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for supporting the Lead Treasury Operations manager in a variety of areas within the Treasury Operations Team. Treasury Operations is part of a wider Treasury and Corporate Finance and Insurance “TCFI” department and is an established global function for the SEFE group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking analytical and operational work across the GPG group.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for supporting the Treasury Operations Lead with particular focus on adding value to the TCFI department within the SEFE Group
- Prepare accurate and timely bank reconciliations of forecasted daily position versus actual position
- Manage and coordinate daily payment execution process
- Execute FX and MM trading with required reporting, deal confirmation and settlement of the trades
- Execute and monitor all Treasury transactions requested
- Investigate and resolve payment/receipt issues via liaising with banks and financial institutions
- Direct Debit queries/management
- Cashpool interest calculations management
- Identify process improvements and enhanced reporting opportunities across Treasury Operations and wider TCFI dept
- Documenting policies, procedures and reporting in line with company standards
Skills & Competencies
- Good knowledge of the Cash Management function including payments and cash pool structures
- Strong numeracy and IT skills, must be fluent in common MS office including;
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communication and networking skills in order to interact effectively with key stakeholders and group companies.
- Being able to communicate improvement recommendations and creative solutions to management in a clear, precise and concise manner
- Some experience using a Treasury (TMS) and SAP would be viewed favourably
- Ability and desire to learn quickly and progress
- Ownership of tasks and projects assigned with the aim of successful delivery
- Work as part of a team to achieve collective goals and share responsibility
- Ability to cope with dynamic environment and pressure of a trading business and react quickly to changes;
- Initiative and motivation to address issues without being asked to do so and a pro-active solution-driven approach;
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively under their supervision;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Open-minded self-starter focused on constant improvement of existing processes and accommodating new challenges.
- Experience in similar position within a Treasury Department would be a benefit
- Some experience in an energy and/or trading business operating in an international environment is considered favourably.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree; or professional qualification such as CIMA, AMCT