Our UK Accounting team have an opportunity for a qualified accountant to support the Senior Trading Controller in operating the SEFE Market & Trading’s (SM&T’s) sub-group financial netting processes and controls under IFRS.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Using your technical ability, you will
- For a specific set of business units, ensure monthly trading balances, as reported in SAP ERP comply with both IFRS and SEFE Trading Group Accounting Polices
- Reconcile legal entity results in SAP ERP, for at least one trading desk and/or legal entity, to Product Control monthly estimates, investigating all material differences. Working with senior members of the Team, take appropriate action to ensure reporting obligations are met
- Take ownership of the monthly preparation of key financial data and business commentary for a specific set of business units, specifically for balance sheet results at entity level, and presentation across the team
- Together with more senior members in the team, work closely with ultimate parent company teams to implement and maintain any required changes and updates to the local and parent company chart of accounts, as operated in SAP for trading balances
- Contribute to overall data management, ensuring that all logic, mapping tables and GL assignments are actively maintained and validated within SM&T’s ETRM to SAP interface layer, I&R. Support improvement projects to improve and simplify such logic, in line with team and departments objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
You will be a qualified chartered accountant, audit trained with hands-on experience of working with a physical commodity. You will demonstrate an understanding of derivate financial netting, with an understanding of both the IFRS rules followed and its application challenges, and have experience substantiating foreign currency transactions in SAP, including realised and unrealised gains and losses on revaluation and cash clearing.
You will bring a strong working knowledge of MS Excel and be at ease manipulating large data sets.
You will also demonstrate
- Strong stakeholder management experience with the ability engage both internal and external audiences
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to quickly build trust with senior stakeholders in non-finance functions
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as being an effective member of a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail whilst delivering against challenging deadlines
- Flexibility of approach to ensure compliance with deadlines
- A proactive and decisive mindset
- Strong project management skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
Securing Energy for Europe – it’s a simple statement, with a bold ambition. SEFE is not just our name, but also encompasses everything that drives us. To accomplish this, we’re taking immediate action to secure gas supply – but also looking forward, to explore our role in the European energy transformation and how we can contribute to a stable and sustainable future.
As a fully-integrated energy company, we serve our customers with an end-to-end energy value chain – from sourcing and trading to transport, storage, and sales. Together, we ensure the security of gas supply in Germany and Europe and drive the green energy transformation. Our international teams work across locations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We’re passionate about energy and the important role it can play in shaping a better future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution.
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes.
- non-contributory pension
- bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and volunteering days
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- a wide range of optional flexible benefits
- hybrid working
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Join SEFE and help us secure gas supply across Europe and shape a better, more sustainable tomorrow.