Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The objective of the role is to deliver the testing service defined in SEFE Marketing & Trading across the project and BAU portfolios.
Technical QA Test Analyst role is responsible for all day-to-day testing of prioritised change delivered through Agile (Scrum)/Kanban with implementation into production on a regular basis with at least one release every two weeks. The Technical Test Analysts will play a key role in shaping the testing practices and ensuring quality is at the heart of the product, as per the Agile ethos.
Working as an integrated member of the team you will be interfacing with developers, business analysts and the business to ensure development work meets specifications and is delivered to the highest quality within the sprint timelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
Generic testing activities
- Define the strategy and plan for increasing automated test coverage of the existing code base and integration points
- Produce/update automated regression test packs to test new and amended software or services
- Design acceptance tests under own direction, using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications/acceptance criteria
- Work collaboratively as an integrated member of the team
- Participate with the team in agile planning, reviews and retrospectives
- Provide QA estimation input to the estimation meetings for product backlog items in the sprint
- Ensure business requirements and specifications/acceptance criteria are enough to define test conditions
- Execute, record and analyse test results, identify and report defects, issues and risks associated with own work
- Support the integration of an automated testing strategy into the iterative agile framework
- Identify areas for testing improvement and work with the team to implement appropriate agile practices
- Ensure the SEFE Development life-cycle and standards are followed
- Test Environment management; merging pull requests and change request communication to production
Skills & Competencies
- Experience working in a commodities trading business (Front Office) specifically testing the Deal lifecycle end to end with proven ability to manipulate deal data to test scenarios (preferable)
- Automation Framework architecture design and development in C#, SpecFlow (preferable)
- SQL experience writing queries to interrogate data sets is essential (essential)
- Significant experience of interface/integration testing to interface contracts between multiple systems (preferable)
- XML, JSON message structure, interpretation and communication between components (preferable)
- Experience of NFT for the understanding of system stacks and log file analysis (preferable)
- Performance testing experience of hardware and software (preferable)
- Utilising BDD tools such as SpecFlow, Cucumber, FitNesse or similar to evolve a robust automation pack.
- Developing fixtures (step definitions) in C#
- Previous experience of writing good automated Gherkin scenarios
- The automation vs. manual testing split in the team is approx. 30/70
- Good SQL capability
- Building Experience of deciding when to automate tests and when execute them manually.
- Continuous integration approaches leveraging reporting tooling
- Experience testing Data as a primary QA goal with large data sets
- Data flow and data mapping testing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of application testing and familiarity with application lifecycle management (ALM) tools such as Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, Mingle, Jira, Rally or similar
- Solid working knowledge of Agile methodologies and associated test practices
- Ability to define test techniques and coverage for testing of requirements
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail while remaining succinct
Preferably to have
- Front office experience in one of the following:
- Commodities House
- Investment Bank
Our current technology and tool stack includes:
CI and Test reporting
- Azure DevOps (TFS)
Script and Scenarios
- Visual Studio
- Rapid Reporter
- Microsoft SQL Server