Are you an experienced structuring and pricing quant with fixed income or commodity experience looking for an opportunity to work within a portfolio management team based in either Manchester or London?
As a B2B energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. To remain competitive, we must be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop.
Want to join us on our journey?
We are looking for someone to join our business and help develop structuring models, pricing methodologies and commercial tactics to price and mitigate market, credit, operational and contractual pricing risks whilst ensuring market competitiveness.
What you will do
- As a Structuring & Pricing Quant you will work with SEFE Energy’s natural gas, fuels, and clean energy portfolio managers to deliver consistent and stable EBITDA contribution based off all client and portfolio hedging, and sourcing flows.
- You will ensure all price and premium curves, volatility surfaces, correlation ratios, shaping ratios and premiums are based on the latest market prices and volatility skews leading to systematic and automated transaction processing across all SEFE Energy’s portfolios with associated portfolio focused algo trading programmes.
- You will work with Logistics, Portfolio Modelling and Risk to ensure assumptions, data calibration and actual reporting for demand profiles, risk premiums, margin and all financial/physical deal parameters are up to date, accurately modelled and reconciled.
What you’ll bring to the role?
You’ll be entrepreneurial in nature with strong organisation and time management skills. You will also demonstrate the following
- Expertise in Python together with an understanding of R, SQL, C++, Matlab,
- Expertise with PowerBI, Tableau visual tool proficiency +BB and other analytical tool expereince
- Experience in systemizing trade execution flows for OTC and futures
- Experience in commodities or fixed income (preferably oil, natural gas, power, emissions, FX markets
- The ability to perform in a top tier commodity trading / portfolio management business
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and volunteering days
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Based from our offices in Manchester City Centre or London, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Who are we?
We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.