Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Solution Architect is responsible for coordinating all software architectural decisions within SEFE Marketing & Trading (SM&T).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for defining context appropriate solution architectures and gaining agreement for these
- Ensure software architecture is implemented in line with architecture vision and principles and the SM&T IT Strategy
- Work closely with SM&T senior team members to execute Software Architecture governance across all systems and projects
- Participate in technology architecture and design decision making for solutions delivered by SM&T’s IT department
- Create technology roadmaps for all software systems, within the designated area, which align with functional roadmaps
- Help to define and drive standards and common approaches to assist the organisation in effective architecture to support delivery of business outcomes
- Maintain a set of software architecture artefacts that clearly communicate the business and technology landscape for GE covering current and to-be views of the landscape
Develops and maintains a deep understanding of SEFE’s business strategy and value drivers in order to anticipate how the IT landscape can be engineered to deliver the required business capability & benefit.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions
- Ability to balance the “big picture” and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurized environment
- Motivated, tenacious and pro-active in achieving results
- Diligent and dependable with strong integrity
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new trends and technologies
- Excellent knowledge of technology market trends and new developments within both the energy industry and software development
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
- Deep experience in the development of solutions using industry leading Microsoft technologies
- Strong business knowledge energy / commodities trading environment
- Wide ranging knowledge and experience in software technology solutions
- Record of delivering software solutions within a complex business
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through shared initiative