Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for supporting the Settlements Manager in providing a world-class settlements service to the business. The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to gain exposure across a range of energy products and to work in an ambitious company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working within one of the sub teams within the Settlements department ensuring the timely production of invoices and payment of LNG and Shipping transactions according to the specific contractual terms.
- Ensuring pricing and due date calculations are as per contractual terms.
- Monitoring bank accounts to ensure incoming & outgoing funds are timely as well as responding to bank compliance queries promptly
- Develop an in depth understanding of the various general & bespoke contract terms and conditions for LNG and shipping and develop robust validation techniques
- Supporting the trading desk in counterparty relationships and in ensuring quality information flows across the business and acting to resolve any disputes
- Liaison with various teams within the organisation from Risk Management, Product control, Legal, IT, Finance, Treasury and Credit teams to ensure integrity of data within the trading system to accurate reporting within defined timescales
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with counterparties and other teams within the organisation
- Focusing on continuously supporting and initiating improvements to the trading systems and work flow processes
Skills & Competencies
- A working knowledge of trading systems and trade lifecycle
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and numerical skills
- Diligent and dependable
- Good organisational and execution skills
- Able to work well in a small but growing team
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business
- Dedication to review and improve existing processes
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive and proactive
- Settlement experience in LNG
- Reviewing contracts from a settlements perspective
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and trading/accounting system. SAP and ETRM experience preferred
- Experience of working with trading counterparties and direct contact with commercial operators and traders
- Educated to degree level standard (or equivalent) desirable