Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The position is responsible for supporting the Lead Settlements Analyst in providing a world-class settlements service to the business. The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to gain exposure across a very wide range of energy products and to work in an ambitious company which is the main trading arm of the world’s largest gas producer.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Working within one of the sub teams within the Financial Operations department ensuring the timely settlement of a variety of products such as Physical Gas and Power. • Working closely with Front Office representatives for these products, supporting and initiating improvements to the trading systems and work flow processes within Settlements, Finance and across FO to Settlements
• Liaison with various teams within the organisation from Risk Management, Legal, IT, Finance, Treasury and Credit teams to ensure integrity of data within the trading system to accurate reporting within defined timescales
• Supporting the trading desk in counterparty relationships and in ensuring quality information flows across the business and taking action to resolve any disputes
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with counterparties and other teams within the organisation
• Production of invoices for the various commodities and products according to the specific contractual terms by generating sales and pro-forma purchase invoices, including detailed backup
• Ensuring all processes and procedures are constantly reviewed, documented and updated.
Skills & Competencies
• A working knowledge of trading systems, preferably ENDUR
• Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication
• Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Diligent and dependable
• Good organisational and execution skills
• Ability to work well in a small but growing team
• Able to work as part of a team as well as an individually
• Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business
• Dedication to review and improvement of existing processes
• Commercially astute with the ability to develop and understand issues.
• Experienced in settlement / invoicing processes for energy trades and related products preferred
• Experience in an energy trading environment
• Experience of working with trading counterparties and direct contact with the trading desks.
• Educated to degree level standard (or equivalent) desirable.