Do you have a track record in developing and supporting Operational Risk activities?
As a B2B energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. To remain competitive, we must be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop.
Want to join us on our journey?
What will you do?:
Some of the key activities in this role are:
- Support the development and management of internal Risk policies including the Risk Management Framework
- Identify areas of Risk through our Incident Management System and conduct thorough Risk Control Assessments to support the business in identifying gaps and mitigations
- Support and develop Risk Management practices throughout the business including the maintenance of the company Risk Register
- Support the business in developing robust governance and controls around operational risks, providing quantitative and qualitative risk analysis and control solutions
- Manage complex projects, driving and presenting workable results
- Engage with stakeholders to investigate incidents and find the root cause and effective mitigations
- Support and develop risk systems and infrastructure and support the enhancement and automation of different risk processes and reporting
What will you bring?:
To be successful you will need previous experience in a Risk role.
You will be a driven, ambitious self-starter who can grasp a concept quickly and deliver a reasoned investigation and analysis.
We are also looking for:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to communicate complex issues clearly to non-expert peers and senior management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with queries and build relationships with internal and external parties
- The initiative to propose solutions and act independently, as well as the confidence to effectively challenge the status quo
- Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and deliver results under pressure
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
Experience within a similar environment (Energy sector) would be advantageous.
Our offer to you:
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and volunteering days
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in Manchester City Centre you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Who are we?:
We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
Expiry Date: 10/03/2023