We began our journey as an ambitious, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, built on great relationships and a passion for growth and excellent customer service. We continuously developed our products to reach more customers and in less than ten years, we grew from employing a handful of people and supplying less than a hundred customers to become one of Britain’s leading non-domestic energy suppliers. We now supply thousands of businesses and organisations with the energy they need to provide their products and services used by millions of people across Britain, France and the Netherlands. We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees and together, our mission is clear.
As a business we have to be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to expertly respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop. Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
It’s an exciting time for the Marketing team here at SEFE Energy. With a fresh new name and big ambitions, we’re looking for the right people to help us take our marketing plans to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & External Communications, the Marketing Manager will be a senior member of the team, acting as an advisor, leader and role model for his or her marketing colleagues. You’ll take a leading role in creating and refining our marketing strategy with a view to building our brand and deepening our relationships with customers and partners. You’ll also work with a driven team of marketing professionals on a wide range of marketing activities to help the business achieve its goals.
There’ll be plenty to sink your teeth into as we put the wheels in motion for some big upcoming marketing projects. The right person for this role will be an experienced B2B marketing professional that takes pride in delivering results-driven marketing campaigns. You’ll be a creative and innovative self-starter, with an eye for detail, and an excellent understanding of what works well (and what doesn’t) when it comes to B2B Marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Marketing & External Communications to develop and evolve SEFE Energy’s UK marketing strategy, including targeting and positioning strategies.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing evolution of our customer brand proposition, messaging and visual identity.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of both digital and offline marketing campaigns to support the launch of new products, drive sales, improve renewals and/or improve brand awareness.
- Define and oversee the implementation of appropriate marketing and communication tactics throughout the buying funnel to optimise lead conversion and renewals.
- Define and optimise the prospect lead journey, working with other members of the Marketing team to create compelling content for every touchpoint.
- Work alongside the Head of Marketing & External communications to develop a marketing research and insights strategy, overseeing the implementation of activities co-ordinated by the Marketing Analyst. Use the insights to recommend and adopt improvements to marketing process and strategy.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of a calendar of customer and partner communications, events and incentives, ensuring high impact and ROI for all activities.
- Set and manage KPIs and work with other members of the marketing team to ensure accurate and timely reporting to demonstrate ROI
- Support the development and launch of new products and offerings in collaboration with colleagues in Sales.
- Continuously review the team’s tactics and technologies to ensure we’re taking a best-practice approach to all marketing activity.
- Proactively manage relationships with agencies and carefully select new partners when required
- Remain informed of the latest developments in the energy industry and beyond related to, marketing.
- Work with other members of the Marketing team to measure the impact and ROI of Marketing activity. Use these insights to recommend and adopt improvements to marketing process and strategy.
- Provide line management, development and coaching for three direct reports, including the Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Analyst and Graphic Designer.
Skills & Competencies
- Strategy and planning
- Copywriting and editing
- Data analytics and reporting
- Marketing CRM management
- Use of email marketing systems
- Strong financial acumen
- Organisational and time management skills
- An advanced understanding of B2B marketing and communications principles, with proven experience planning, overseeing and delivering a variety of B2B marketing activities, including, but not limited to, online and offline campaigns, events, automated email marketing, etc.
- Commercially minded, with experience delivering and measuring ROI
- Experience managing multiple direct reports
- Confident in working with a variety of business stakeholders to deliver successful marketing activities
- Experience effectively managing partner agencies to deliver value for money
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong copywriting and editing ability
- Knowledge of the energy industry or at least a willingness to learn (desirable)
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive benefits package which includes; bonus earning potential, non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, buy / sell holidays, life assurance, allowance for medical and dental insurance together with a range of optional flexible benefits.
Based from our office in Manchester City Centre you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
The 350 people working in our business are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations so you can expect to experience empathy and support throughout your journey with us. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
In the UK, our people practices have been awarded Gold status by Investors in People and we have a silver EcoVadis rating demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.