Want to join us on our journey?
As a Senior Legal Counsel supporting our LNG business, you will be responsible for negotiating and executing a range of business related sale and purchase documentation, together with associated shipping, corporate and compliance work. Your commercial approach to business is key.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Legal Counsel you will provide commercially focused legal support to the LNG team. You will be responsible for supporting the LNG team in negotiation and documentation of LNG trading, mid and long-term deals under MSPAs and SPAs. This includes monitoring and remaining ahead of changes in applicable laws and regulations that might impact on the trading and shipping business. You will also;
• Advise on contentious LNG matters
• Review and agree confidentiality agreements, terms sheets and pre-contractual and bid documentation
• Proactive assistance with the development of SM&T’s legal capability, e.g. developing standard form documentation
• Work closely with front office, other support functions and colleagues in the Legal team globally
What you’ll bring to the role
With your knowledge of LNG trading under MSPAs and long-term LNG SPAs, you will show a strong commercial approach to situations and be able to adapt your negotiating style to achieve commercial needs. Working in a fast growing environment you will have;
• Excellent understanding of compliance
• Attention to detail
• Ability to build solid working relationships with Front, Middle and Back Office
• Able to respond to changing requirements according to business demands
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills; confident and articulate
• Able to demonstrate significant post-qualification experience as a lawyer in the LNG industry
• Qualified as a solicitor in the UK
Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.