Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
- Support operating purchasing activities in an independent manner related to supplies and services for the Sefe Marketing & Trading Ltd (in UK and Europe) in all IT Categories of spend covering software, services and infrastructure.
- Point of contact in Procurement for IT-related categories
- Subject matter expert, support to existing vendors and escalation point for third party suppliers and related issues
- Support the assigned categories of goods in an independent manner (including the complete handling of orders in the SAP-MM/SRM system through to the conclusion of the contract).
- Prepare, coordinate and perform tenders in an independent manner (incl. sealed-bid tenders)
- Prepare contractual documentation in an independent manner and coordinate the resulting drafts with the Legal department.
- Select suppliers as well as conduct price and contract negotiations at a national and international level.
- Manage suppliers (monitoring, onboarding, development, phase-out).
- Work closely with and support persons making purchase requisitions.
- Provide support to departments regarding annual budget-related requirements planning.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing-related guidelines and rules.
- Process purchasing projects
- Continuous Improvement
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for sourcing and contract negotiation of IT within SM&T Group (in UK and Europe)
- The Senior IT Procurement Specialist role is responsible for undertaking and managing the day to day activities in pursuit of achieving the tasks set above
- Part of the SM&T Group Procurement team
- Ability to place priorities in work
- Make decisions within the limits of responsibility
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong market knowledge and working across various functions, businesses and regions.
- Commercial and contract specialist with significant procurement and vendor relationship management experience
- Several years in IT procurement (especially software, services and infrastructure)
- Strongt commercial management and negotiation skills required with experience in leading edge projects in a fast moving delivery focused organisation
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing at all levels
- Excellent Communication skills
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
University Degree or similar education (e.g. Diploma in procurement and supply)