What you will do
The Role of the Senior Application Support Analyst is to support, administer, monitor, maintain and operate all Middle and Back Office Production applications. You will deliver the on-going application release cycle changes and on-boarding of new applications to meet the growing demands of the business. You will perform a leadership role to support App Support Lead covering communications, stakeholder management and manage team activities. In addition, you will be;
- Accountable for Incident and Service Request fulfilment including clarifying requirements with business and completion of requests across the middle and back office application portfolio
- Responsible for running Problem Management. Identifying underlying issues, providing short-term workaround/fix while liaising with development teams to acquire long-term fixes
- Effectively managing major production incidents, taking complete ownership until closure of the incident. Ensuring regular updates are provided and liaising with the relevant support teams to ensure minimal downtime/disruption
- Deploy application code on all the production and pre-production environments across the middle and back office application portfolio based on the release schedule. This includes managing all the business communications and post release environment availability
- Responsible for applying judgement and experience when dealing with Request, Change & Problem Management activities
- Proactively identify application improvements on the areas of performance, availability and automation of the repetitive tasks, which saves the overall cost and time
- Accountable for daily morning and evening checks for all the critical applications and provide a summary report for the IT Operations.
What you will bring
- Experience working at a similar level as an application support analyst in the financial services or energy trading sectors
- Hands on experience in the implementation and ongoing management of trading applications and associated interfaces
- Knowledge and understanding of the trade lifecycle
- Experience of end of day batch processing and business reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of PnL and the settlement and invoicing processes
- Experience of working with SQL, competent in investigating data related issues
- Understanding of the energy trading industry including product types
- Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management in Energy Trading Industry
- Experience of working within the ITIL framework
- Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate or computing related subject
- Professional certifications in desired skills areas an advantage.
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes.
- non-contributory pension
- bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and volunteering days
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- a wide range of optional flexible benefits
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.