Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis of SEFE Marketing and Trading (SM&T) business processes and the specification of software solutions to support those processes.
Based within the London office the key objective of this role is to work as a business analyst in the Operations and Optimisation vertical where their time will be divided across the retail and marketing functions and the embedded generation team.
They will be the sole business analyst for the retail and marketing trading desk and responsible for the day to day operational capability of the systems that support this function whilst also owning changes to the systems by collaborating with business stakeholders and development team.
They will also work alongside 2 other BA’s to provide analysis for SM&T’s embedded generation business, which oversees the optimisation and dispatch of a diversified portfolio of renewable and peaker assets. To do this the position holder will need to perform in-depth business analysis of applications in accordance with SM&T business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work autonomously and within a team to deliver technology enabled business change
- Work with the Front Office Operators, Power Originators, Settlements and other business stakeholders to assess, shape and deliver:
- Tactical and/or strategic developments and business change
- Small business change and BAU tasks
- Work with a dedicated project team, including Project Manager, Architect, Developers and QAs to maintain, enhance and grow the existing systems capability.
- Consult with key business stakeholders to understand processes, develop the business case, document requirements, develop specifications and acceptance criteria
- Ensure all business change is adequately planned and prioritised, with this plan supported by high level and detailed requirements (stories) and agreed acceptance criteria
- Work closely with software testing team (unit and QA testing) and the business (UAT) to ensure solutions meet expectations and have only a positive impact at implementation
- Jointly develop business readiness plans prior to implementation
- Provide user training and ensure user guides are written and updated
- Initiate post-implementation reviews to monitor product effectiveness and performance
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent analytical skills and a good attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on an individual basis with limited supervision
- Able to understand business issues and specify IT solutions
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through shared initiatives
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurized environment
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Excellent communication skills e.g. written, verbal and presentation
- Expert knowledge of Gas Energy Supply is desirable
- Expert knowledge of embedded power generation is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of physical energy trading and exposure to the full deal lifecycle is desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate Business Analysis experience in a Energy trading or Energy Supplier environment.
- Experience of requirement elicitation techniques. Such as facilitating workshops. Interviews, Prototyping and Document Analysis.
- Experience of specifying and writing user specifications and business requirements for development teams.
- Demonstrate a Full working knowledge of the SDLC
- Experience of working with iterative development methodologies such as Agile
- Demonstrable experience of delivering energy trading or energy supplier software.
- Experience of working in a fast paced BAU software change work stream.