We are looking for an experienced analyst to join our Sales Portfolio Optimisation team based in London. The team are responsible for hedging underlying commodity risk within the SEFE Sales business.
In the role of Retail Hedging Analyst you will play a key part in delivering real financial benefits to SEFE Marketing & Trading, providing operational and position analysis, innovations, insight, and contributing to improve our decision making. You will see decisions and recommendations turn into actions and see tangible results from the work you do.
This is a great opportunity to join SEFE, an integrated energy company with significant expertise in sourcing, trading, transport, storage, and energy sales.
What you will do
- Provide market reflective pricing for customer sales orders, monitor, and amend the Marketing Curve Building (MCB) pricing tool where necessary, inform traders of new sales which need to be hedged
- Oversight of data flows between Sales locations and London systems through MVC / Endur, e.g. sales, trades (market & bi-lateral) and demand forecast changes
- Contribute trading analysis and opinion to aid risk management decisions
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify & resolve incidents
- Audit all manual processes and introduce new checks to reduce issues
- Assist the Team Lead Gas Trading to deliver a challenging financial target, whilst being constrained by volume and V@R limits designed to minimise our financial risks
- Build a deep understanding of the short term (Balance of Month to Within Day) customer demand at each hub, the variability of this demand, for you to execute an optimal hedge
- Monitor the customer portfolio, weather impacts, hedges, gas swing contracts, and other structures that might be originated to mitigate the volume and price risk
- Support the traders to deliver system, and process improvements
- Work closely with Commercial Operation in both Kassel (Germany) & London to optimize the short-term risk.
What you will bring
With existing experience in an analytical role, you’ll be entrepreneurial in nature with a strong sense of business acumen.
You will have well developed stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to communicate technical and complex issues to a variety of colleagues. You will be highly organised in your approach, with strong attention to detail and adept at managing competing priorities.
You will also evidence the following
- Excellent analytical and mathematic skills
- High level of computer skills (Python would be an advantage), including knowledge of statistical and trading system software
- Clear understanding of financial risk and option value
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes.
- non-contributory pension
- bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and volunteering days
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- a wide range of optional flexible benefits
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.