We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join our Sales team in Manchester to deliver gas and electricity sales from a pipeline of warm renewal leads and provide exceptional customer service.
As a business-to-business energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. The energy and commodities world has been changing for over a decade driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our strategy equips us to expertly seize these opportunities as the energy transition gathers even greater pace.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
Want to join us on our journey?
What will you do?:
The primary focus for the role is to deliver gas and electricity sales from a pipeline of warm renewal leads. There are opportunities to upsell new products and services and as well as managing your own pipeline, you will also close inbound renewal leads from customers who contact us directly for a quote.
The secondary focus is to provide all aspects of customer service during the negotiation process, ensuring contracts are renewed at the earliest opportunity. This includes owning and resolving credit issues, recovering outstanding debt relating to the existing contract and working with other departments to fix any administrative issues that prevent a sale from being made.
The role is heavily target driven and you will be responsible for ensuring both value and quality are delivered from your sales, so you must be comfortable working in a high pressure and competitive environment both individually and as part of a team.
You will track your activity across internal systems (Salesforce) and take a proactive approach to your pipeline including setting call-backs, updating statuses, liaising with internal stakeholders to resolve customer queries, and locking in contracts once a sale has been made. Data accuracy, attention to detail and organisation are key to being successful in this role.
Essential to your success will be to build an in-depth understanding of our operational processes and develop strong relationships within all operational and commercial teams so you can provide an effective service to your customers.
Some of the key activities involved include:
- Achieve and exceed all targets and KPIs
- Increase renewal sales to meet and exceed the target set (no’s sales, volume, margin etc)
- Ensure all opportunities are contacted in a timely manner and all activity is tracked across all relevant systems
- Ensure all pre-sale queries are discussed and resolved before a sale is made
- Ensure efficient flow of information between the Sales Team and internal departments
- Provide regular reports on the performance of your customer portfolio
- Take ownership for identifying customer service issues impacting upon your customer portfolio, working with internal and external stakeholders to provide exceptional customer service and improve the overall levels of customer satisfaction from your customer portfolio
- Work both individually and within a team to ensure all targets are met
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies, working with your Team Manager to deliver changes
What will you bring?:
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven success in a B2B sales role and experience of delivering sales through service.
- Proactive in achieving results and be able to meet and exceed sales and business targets
- Previous experience of building relationships with direct customers
- Understanding customer needs is essential and presenting benefits to close the sale should be second nature to you
- An element of account management is required, so it is essential that you are comfortable being involved in query resolution linked to the sales negotiations process
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities and working under pressure
- Excellent understanding of Sales processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good Microsoft Office computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail)
Experience of UK gas and electricity market is desirable but not essential
Our offer to you:
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- wide range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in Manchester, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
Who are we?:
We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution