As part of our Credit Control Team you will work with colleagues and the wider business to support a variety of processes in the Credit Control team, with a key focus on site visit administration and third-party debt recovery administration.
This role is offered as a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Some of the key tasks involved include:
- Managing and administering site visit results & performing tracing activity
- Effective management of customer driven queries from vendors
- Telephony support on incoming outsourcing line
- Administering closure files and end of cycle reviews
- Liaising with agents based at third party management teams, including debt recovery agencies, solicitors and meter disconnection specialists
- Collaborating with internal teams to resolve technical and contentious blockers within the debt recovery and termination cycle
- Minimising risk, ensuring all queries are managed within timely SLAs
- Contributing to team meetings and supporting senior recoveries colleagues with recommendations for improvement.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent English – both written and spoken
- Excellent investigative skills and an agile mindset
- Excellent telephone and tracing activity skills
- Results/target driven, proactive and ambitious with a ‘can do’ approach
- Able to adapt and respond rapidly to a wide range of queries
- Team approach and mindset – focussing on the overall team goal of protecting the debtor book
- Diligent and dependable, able to work individually and as part of a team
- The ability to learn quickly across multiple systems
- Thrives in a busy fast-paced environment
- Enjoys the dynamics of team working, knowing when to ask for help or offer support to colleagues
Securing Energy for Europe – it’s a simple statement, with a bold ambition. SEFE is not just our name, but also encompasses everything that drives us. To accomplish this, we’re taking immediate action to secure gas supply – but also looking forward, to explore our role in the European energy transformation and how we can contribute to a stable and sustainable future.
As a fully-integrated energy company, we serve our customers with an end-to-end energy value chain – from sourcing and trading to transport, storage and sales. Together, we ensure the security of gas supply in Germany and Europe and drive the green energy transformation. Our international teams work across locations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We’re passionate about energy and the important role it can play in shaping a better future.
Our Manchester office is home to over 320 employees in a diverse array of roles and specialties – from sales and operations, to technology, data science and more. As a key location for our Sales operations, we deliver a reliable supply of energy and a fantastic experience to more than 50,000 non-domestic energy consumers in Europe.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution.
We offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes:
- Non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 2 volunteering days
- Buy / sell holidays
- Life assurance
- Medical and dental insurance
- Range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in Manchester, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Join SEFE and help us secure gas supply across Europe and shape a better, more sustainable tomorrow.