Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Theteam is responsible for validation of Python based models used by the tradersand Risk as well as for the development, enhancements and maintenance of Pythonand C# based grid distributed Risk models. Thesuccessful applicant is responsible for validation of front office valuationmodels and development of Risk models. The role will involve a wide range ofquantitative tasks and candidates will need to demonstrate they have the rangeof technical and personal skills necessary to work within this challengingrole.
Duties & Responsibilities
This involves (not limited to):
- Validation of Front Office Python based valuation models used for trading and hedging
- Contribute to the design and the development of an independent Risk model validation Python library
- Create and develop Middle Office risk models
- Participate in/lead Middle Office risk management projects
- Respond to ad-hoc queries raised by the wider Risk team
- Explain complex product modelling and valuation methodologies to the wider Risk team
- Upgrade external packages the framework relies on and ensure existing functionality performs as expected
- Maintain the existing suite of unit tests
Skills & Competencies
- A strong analytic background, with experience of applying probability theory, stochastic calculus, time series and differential equation techniques to financial problems
- In-depth understanding of Monte Carlo risk modelling methodologies – Market and Credit VaR, PFE and EaR.
- Python programming skills
- Experience with Github
- Ability to communicate complex issues in an understandable manner to non-expert peers and senior management
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Experience in Monte Carlo modelling of Energy commodity derivatives within a trading environment is advantageous.
- Risk modelling experience in Python or C# is desirable.
- A PhD or Masters Degree level (or equivalent) in a highly quantitative subject.