The team is responsible for validation of Python based models used by the traders and Risk as well as for the development, enhancements and maintenance of Python and C# based grid distributed Risk models.
The successful applicant is responsible for validation of front office valuation models and development of Risk models. The role will involve a wide range of quantitative tasks and candidates will need to demonstrate they have the range of technical and personal skills necessary to work within this challenging role.
Want to join us on our journey?
What you will do?
This involves (not limited to):
- Validation of Front Office Python based valuation models used for trading and hedging
- Create and develop Middle Office risk models
- Participate in/lead Middle Office risk management projects
- Respond to ad-hoc queries raised by the wider Risk team
- Explain complex product modelling and valuation methodologies to the wider Risk team
- Upgrade external packages the framework relies on and ensure existing functionality performs as expected
- Maintain in good working order the existing codebase owned by the team, extending the suite of unit tests as appropriate
- Develop testing frameworks for Front Office pricing libraries
- A strong analytic background, with experience of applying probability theory, stochastic calculus, time series and differential equation techniques to solving financial problems
- In-depth understanding of Monte Carlo risk modelling methodologies – including Market, Credit VaR and PFE
- Good programming skills, preferably in Python and/or C#
- Ability to develop code in a source-controlled environment
- Ability to communicate complex issues in an understandable manner to non-expert peers and senior management
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
What you’ll bring to the role?
- Experience in Monte Carlo modelling of Energy commodity derivatives within a trading environment is advantageous.
- Exposure to time series analysis and ML techniques is a plus.
- Risk modelling experience in Python or C# is desirable.
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and volunteering days
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Based from our offices in London, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Who are we?
We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.