We are looking for a Power Operations & Optimisation Manager to join us. You will manage the operational day to day activities of the power trading portfolio and optimisation of its generation assets. The role requires the management and development of the team who manage the European scheduling, including power exchanges and power position nominations to TSOs across Europe.
What you will do
As a Power Operations & Optimisation Manager you will co-ordinate and participate in cross border capacity auctions. You will have responsibility for the strategy development, ownership, and execution in collaboration with the Power Trading Desk. Working closely with the short term traders and the intraday trading team to identify/provide analysis and execution of trading strategies in the European power markets. You will also:
- Develop and enhance the scheduling tools and processes
- Collaborate with the commercial regulatory team on legislative changes across power markets and with IT on any required updates to systems following these changes.
- Entry and development of new markets across Europe and beyond together with the implementation of these markets in the day-to-day operations systems and procedures
- Attendance of various power industry forums/ meetings on behalf of SEFE
- Review and complete operational readiness across power trading and energy transition.
- Day Ahead and Within Day asset optimisation of thermal and renewable assets, involving liaising with the asset owners and the energy transition trading team
- OTC, Day Ahead and Within Day trading experience and fundamental analysis. Strong focus on developing trading and analytics skillset of the team
What you will bring
Previous experience in Power Operations is essential to success. Ideally you will also have previous managerial experience within Power Operations. With your strong problem solving skills, and ability to cope with pressure situations and rapidly evolving business processes you will also have;
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills,
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required
- SQL, Python, VBA advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually
- Project management and prioritisation of work
- Ability to foster and build relationships across a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Fluency in English
- Additional language(s) advantageous but not essential
- Degree level in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering preferred (or equivalent experience)
Securing Energy for Europe – it’s a simple statement, with a bold ambition. SEFE is not just our name, but also encompasses everything that drives us. To accomplish this, we’re taking immediate action to secure gas supply – but also looking forward, to explore our role in the European energy transformation and how we can contribute to a stable and sustainable future.
As a fully-integrated energy company, we serve our customers with an end-to-end energy value chain – from sourcing and trading to transport, storage and sales. Together, we ensure the security of gas supply in Germany and Europe and drive the green energy transformation. Our international teams work across locations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We’re passionate about energy and the important role it can play in shaping a better future.