Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (“SEFE GmbH”) is a major European energy company focussed on maintaining security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SM&T Ltd is an integral part of the SEFE GmbH Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T Ltd is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Assistant will be supporting the Head of SEFE Group Secretariat / Head of SM&T Executive Office and will be both a part of the SM&T UK local team as well as the Global SEFE Group 40-strong Secretariat team. The role is part of a flexible Secretariat pool and can be supporting other areas if the business demands.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diary management – Manager’s meetings, conference calls, agendas and their translations, minutes, pre-read distribution, understanding of key projects, priorities and cascaded actions.
- Control of Head’s and Director’s orders – monitoring and coordination of any orders Manager gives to their direct reports / receives from Company’s top management.
- Finance Management- expenses processing for the Manager, monitoring team budget and helping with planning, accruals, processing team-generated invoices, POs, P2P, cover sheets, performing checks against policies and procedures, flagging irregularities, liaison with internal Finance teams. Management of SAP queue on request.
- Travel management – travel booking (flights, hotels, transfers, visas etc) for Manager and team group travel, monitoring visas, passport validity and other travel documents, basic team travel reporting.
- Event management for the team– research, payments and logistics. Assist with organisation of departmental and team events as well as large-scale meetings and team events
- Onboarding/offboarding of JMLs to the team – IT access, seating, floor plans, internal processing
- Minor corporate errands – gifts, minor purchases, etc. Minor personal errands are permitted depending on capability.
- Alignment, cascading & communication – ensuring the Manager and the team are in tune with the latest corporate developments, news, new policies, new initiatives, keeping the department aware of what is going on across the company.
- Translations– low-volume translation or arranging translations by inhouse or external translators for larger documents.
- Rapport: build a strong understanding of management’s working style and method and adapt accordingly to match his energy level and scope of work.
- Staying on top: take full proactive ownership of Manager’s diary including all appointments and meeting and related arrangements aiming to maintain a healthy work/life balance. This includes managing highly complex and ever-changing meetings schedule and travel arrangements.
- Act as first point of call and an efficient gatekeeper for management office, both for internal and external contacts, managing all incoming postal correspondence and calls for the management to ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Team player: build and maintain a strong network of relationships and work as a team with the Group Secretariat and with other offices within SEFE Group to ensure smooth flow of communication. Provide cover for the other PA during holidays, as and when required.
- Awareness: develop a strong understanding of the work the Manager performs and delivers.
- Protecting the Company: strong knowledge of relevant policies and processes. Control & contribution to development where applicable
Skills & Competencies
- Highly proactive – always think two steps ahead
- Able to cope with multiple priorities in a constantly changing environment
- Able to work with lack of clarity / minimum of instructions
- Able to cope well under stress demonstrating high energy level
- Diligent and dependable
- Mature and professional attitude to work
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of German or other languages is an advantage.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential with strong numeric and analytical ability including spreadsheet skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively and politely with all members of the organisation;
- Thorough organisational, planning and administrative skills;
- Innovative forward thinking; ability to analyse current work practices and suggest and rapidly implement improvements and solutions;
- Experience of working in an international organisation with overseas parent company is an advantage
- Degree level education, any additional business-focused qualification is an advantage
- Formal secretarial training preferable