Are you a confident Team Manager ready for a new challenge?
Do you have experience in a Metering, Read or Billing role, ideally within the energy industry?
As a B2B energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. To remain competitive, we must be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop.
Our Metering Services Team make sure that all communication and information shared in relation to all of our metering assets is accurate, timely and meets Industry Standards.
We are looking for a Team Manager who can continue to develop this high performing team; motivating, coaching and supporting individuals to develop our processes as well as reach their personal and career aspirations.
What you will do
s Team Manager you will lead by example, developing strong working relationships with the other operations and department managers to ensure process align and operate effectively and cement a consistent flow of processes.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will collaborate on company strategy and have input on and responsibility for achieving KPIs.
You will manage performance, providing feedback and coaching, as well as make sure team members have ownership and accountability for their work. Collaborative working, building trust ownership and accountability are essential to the team’s ongoing success.
Outside of People Management responsibilities, you will ensure that all registrations are handled efficiently and that the communication instructions, responses and information shared between Market Participants involved in the provision, installation, operation and maintenance of metering and AMR assets in the regulated retail gas market are actioned to industry standards.
Some of the other key tasks and activities include:
- Responsibility and overall accountability of our Transfer Process, outbound registrations, Gas Metering & AMR portfolio and Sitework Activities on a monthly basis which contributes to accurate billing
- Production of daily, weekly and monthly metering and AMR performance reports where high accuracy and attention to detail is required. These reports are presented to stakeholders at all levels of the business, including regulation, finance and senior management
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of industry processes that can impact billing performance.
- Lead and develop a strong, collaborative team through clear objectives, clear communication of strategy and allowing team members to be involved in development of the department and the business – leading regular, documented team meetings.
- Support the development and growth team members through coaching, mentoring, personal development and feedback in regular, documented 121s and HPP reviews
- Identify and manage any performance needs in the team appropriately
- Create accountability within the team – delegating ownership equally amongst team members with clear agreement of objectives and reporting back
- Achieve KPIs in line with company strategy and operational objectives – regularly monitoring progress and making improvements where necessary
- Provide clear, accurate and timely management reporting as required.
- Maintain and develop high levels of collaboration with other Operations and department managers
- Ensure all business process are documented and reviewed regularly for improvement.
What you will bring to the role
You’ll have experience in a Gas and Power metering, Read or Billing role, ideally within the energy industry; as well as a solid understanding of gas and electricity industry processes, especially those that impact billing, reads and industry performance
This is a technical role so you will be analytical and numerically literate, with an understanding of regulation requirements and experience producing financial reports.
We’re also looking for:
- Proven experience of successful team management and building strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Positive and self-motivated and be able to work closely with the team to reach desired outcomes
- Experience of delivering continuous improvement initiatives
- Self motivation, with the ability to inspire and engage other
Experience within a similar role is desirable, educated to A level standard or higher in a maths related subject would be preferable.
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in Manchester City Centre, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. Close to both Deansgate and Oxford Road railway stations and the wider travel networks our offices offer the opportunity to mix with your colleagues in person with a wide variety of creative meeting spaces. You also get the opportunity to enjoy your down time with well-equipped rest areas.
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Who are we?
We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.