We began our journey as an ambitious, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, built on great relationships and a passion for growth and excellent customer service. We continuously developed our products to reach more customers and in less than ten years, we grew from employing a handful of people and supplying less than a hundred customers to become one of Britain’s leading non-domestic energy suppliers. We now supply thousands of businesses and organisations with the energy they need to provide their products and services used by millions of people across Britain, France and the Netherlands. We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees and together, our mission is clear.
As a business we have to be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to expertly respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop. Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
The 350 people working in our business are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations so you can expect to experience empathy and support throughout your journey with us. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
In the UK, our people practices have been awarded Gold status by Investors in People and we have a silver EcoVadis rating demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.
As Office Manager, you are responsible for the smooth running of the office, so that colleagues can focus on their tasks. You will manage all daily office matters, be the point of contact for colleagues and suppliers and be the link between the Dutch office and the Finance, IT and HR departments at our UK headquarters.
You support all teams with various tasks and you help the UK based HR team with the coordination of administrative HR tasks when needed
Duties & Responsibilities
The role of Office Manager in our office includes many tasks. Too many to mention, in fact. Here are just a few, but don’t be surprised if there are other tasks that come your way too:
- Handling incoming mail and making sure it gets to the right departments or persons
- Receiving visitors and maintaining the visitor system
- Drawing up agendas for work meetings and taking and distributing minutes where necessary
- Contact point for suppliers of all kinds of office matters
- Purchasing various office supplies in a timely manner and managing the budget for this
- Being the link between the Accounts Payable team at our head office in the UK and our office in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, making purchase orders
- Independent processing of invoices, communicating payment statuses, keeping SAP up to date.
- At the request of our UK-based HR team, providing local HR support, including processing staff mutations so that e.g. the 1st day of starters runs smoothly.
- Supporting the HR team with absence registration, such as maintaining, updating and monitoring the online registration system as required.
- Setting up workstations for new colleagues and helping existing colleagues with adjustments to their workstations.
- You are a teamplayer.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the SEFE Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
Skills & Competencies
- You have good communication skills. You need these to be able to properly assess what the question actually is and know when it is better to call rather than email.
- You can work quickly and efficiently without losing the quality of your work.
- You are customer-oriented and have good analytical skills.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office.
- You are driven, energetic and eager to learn.
- You take responsibility and are able to work well individually.
- You can handle pressure and are focused on achieving results.
- Minimum of MBO+ / HBO work and thinking level
- Excellent command of the Dutch language in word and writing and good command of the English language.
- Ability to work with the programmes within the Microsoft Office package, such as Word, Excel and Outlook and preferably experience with SAP.
- Minimum of MBO+/HBO work and thinking level