As a Networks Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing our Network Operations team, ensuring the design, implementation, and maintenance of our global IT hybrid networks (on-premises and cloud). Your expertise will be crucial in configuring and maintaining routers, switches, firewalls, and other network hardware and software, both on-premises and in the cloud.
What You Will Do
As a key player in our team, you will manage strategic suppliers supporting network-related hardware and software, contributing to the development and maintenance of a Hybrid Networking Monitor and Reporting system. This system will encompass essential metrics for network performance and capacity.
Your responsibilities will also include troubleshooting and resolving network issues, fostering the development of team members within the Network Operations team, and collaborating closely with other IT teams to implement cutting-edge technologies and solutions. Additionally, you will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation and procedures for network and cloud infrastructure.
Automation will be a key focus, as you automate network deployments and operational tasks using advanced frameworks and orchestration tools. Your support will extend to LAN, WiFi, Edge, and WAN environments, ensuring a seamless and secure network operation.
• Lead and manage the Network Operations team.
• Design, implement, and maintain global IT hybrid networks and related security measures.
• Configure and maintain routers, switches, firewalls, and other network hardware and software.
• Manage strategic suppliers supporting network-related hardware and software.
• Develop and maintain the Hybrid Networking Monitor and Reporting system.
• Troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
• Foster the development of team members within the Network Operations team.
• Collaborate with other IT teams to implement new technologies and solutions.
• Develop and maintain documentation and procedures for network and cloud infrastructure.
• Automate network deployments and operational tasks using advanced frameworks and orchestration tools.
• Support LAN, WiFi, Edge, and WAN environments.
• If you are a seasoned professional with a passion for network operations and a drive to lead a high-performing team, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join us in shaping the future of our global IT infrastructure.
What You Will Bring
• Undergraduate bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or related discipline.
• A solid understanding of IT infrastructures, concepts and solutions and experience in troubleshooting complex network issues
• Leadership experience and skills
• Certifications in Cisco (CCNP/CCIE), Architecture and Security preferred.
• Experience with the following technologies:
– Cisco Routing, WIFI and Switching
– Cisco Nexus / ACI
– Cisco Firepower firewalls
– Ansible / Terraform
– Cloud Networking
• Experience designing, implementing and operating tooling to support the automation of network operations and reporting.
• Autonomously driving and coordinating multi-team, network-based projects with your experience in Trading companies.
• Linux skills, Windows Server networking tools (managing DHCP, DNS), VMware knowledge are needed.
• Experience with scripting.
Securing Energy for Europe – it’s a simple statement, with a bold ambition. SEFE is not just our name, but also encompasses everything that drives us. To accomplish this, we’re taking immediate action to secure gas supply – but also looking forward, to explore our role in the European energy transformation and how we can contribute to a stable and sustainable future.
As a fully-integrated energy company, we serve our customers with an end-to-end energy value chain – from sourcing and trading to transport, storage and sales. Together, we ensure the security of gas supply in Germany and Europe and drive the green energy transformation. Our international teams work across locations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We’re passionate about energy and the important role it can play in shaping a better future.
Join SEFE and help us secure gas supply across Europe and shape a better, more sustainable tomorrow.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution. We offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes:
• Bonus earning potential
• Non-contributory pension
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 2 volunteering days
• Buy / sell holidays
• Life assurance
• Medical and dental insurance
• Range of optional flexible benefits
Based from our offices in Manchester or London, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.