Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Database Operations within the SEFE Group is at both a very exciting and yet critical point. Having been formed in 2018, the team are targeted on supporting business critical databases.
The team are looking for a passionate technologist who wants to be part of an important journey and help us mature the Database Operations function and its capabilities moving forward.
Aside from the technical skills, we are looking for a team member who can see the bigger picture and take their own experiences to help shape the future of ours.
The person in this position is responsible for the operations, development, and management of the Information Technology databases for the SEFE business.
The key tasks of this role are to maintain flawless day to day operations of databases and enable the expansion of the SEFE business by supporting projects and the production environment by installing, administering, and managing development and production databases.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring database operation by monitoring disk space, organizing backup, logging, database mirroring, clustering, creating high availability groups and solving incidents.
- Management of 100+ Database Instances including backups, restoration and disaster recovery and reporting
- Proactive fine-tuning of optimal performance of SQL database servers.
- Storage monitoring and capacity planning.
- Providing timely, accurate root cause analysis of problems.
- Ensuring the current state of the database servers, including the installation of security patches and other fresh OS updates.
- Regular verification of backup scenarios.
- Assist IT departments in project work and troubleshooting.
- Participation in rescue and recovery operations.
- Maintaining the completeness and relevance of documentation.
- Ensuring a high level of confidentiality and information security in accordance with the laws and internal policies and procedures of the PIP group.
- Ensuring the necessary level of security for all databases and database servers.
- Participation in shift duty as a contact person.
- Close cooperation with the technical support of the Service Desk (Service Desk) in resolving and documenting incidents
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships at all levels, both within the company and with external partners.
- Willingness to take on tasks and responsibility for projects and work issues. The desire to take the initiative.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Time management and task prioritization skills.
- Executive and reliability.
- Ability to work as a team and individually.
- Stress resistance.
- Continuous search for opportunities to improve technologies, systems and processes.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server 2008-2019
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems (database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, log shipping, connectivity, security, etc.)
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools (SCOM)
- Experience with Managed Data Warehouse and Query Store
- Experience with backups, restore and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA), Clustering and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Experience in automation using scripts
- Knowledge of Very Large Databases administration and maintenance
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Good communication and documentation skills
- MSCE certification in MS SQL technologies is a strong plus
- Fluent English
- IT Engineers, Information Security, Application support team
- Project managers and Business representatives