Are you an experienced Management Accountant?
We have a great opportunity for a commercially astute, qualified accountant to join our Finance Team.
As a B2B energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. To remain competitive, we must be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop.
Want to join us on our journey?
What you will do
This is a pivotal role supporting the UK Gas business Unit.
You will interpret and analyse industry, commercial and financial data to produce accurate and timely monthly management accounts.
Other key tasks include:
- Assist with monthly strategic MI for senior business stakeholders
- Help the development and improvement of various models used in the production and analysis of the accounts.
- Conduct variance analysis between industry costs, published rates and customer billing
- Investigate reasons for under-recoveries and gross margin leakage and liaise with internal departments and external parties to resolve issues
- Production of monthly and ad-hoc management information and reporting to assist key business decisions
- To maintain accurate documentation of applicable working processes and to keep a full audit trail of all workings
- Respond to information requests from across the company
What you will bring
A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), you will have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
In addition, you will demonstrate the following:
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to explain complex information clearly and concisely
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Diligent, dependable, with strong organisation skills
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills
- Dedication to the review and improvement of existing processes
- Good understanding of financial processes
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel. Comfortable manipulating large data sets within Excel to identify variances and discrepancies
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business
- Experience of using the SAP accounting package
- Knowledge of SQL & Power BI would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the UK Gas industry would be advantageous
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in Manchester City Centre, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. Close to both Deansgate and Oxford Road railway stations and the wider travel networks our offices offer the opportunity to mix with your colleagues in person with a wide variety of creative meeting spaces. You also get the opportunity to enjoy your down time with well-equipped rest areas.
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Who are we?
We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.