Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The LNG Trader will join a successful and established LNG Trading team active on the global LNG markets. The task will be to actively participate in reaching a set of clear P&L objectives whilst further growing and expanding SEFE’s LNG trading business. The LNG Trader will have a global mandate to trade physical LNG cargoes, with a primary focus on the Atlantic basin. The position reports into the Head of LNG Trading and is based in London.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Trade LNG cargoes with key ownership of the Atlantic basin market and participants.
- Focus on the spot trading activity (front 12 months horizon).
- Monitor and understand participant behaviours and market dynamics
- Identify risks & opportunities and formulate a view to the team
- Take ownership of existing flow and expand Gazprom’s footprint where profitable.
- Reach a clear set of financial and physical targets (individual and collective).
- Manage end-to-end positions, liaising with operators, derivatives traders, middle and back office.
- Coordinate and support the LNG Portfolio Management team for longer dated transactions in the Atlantic
Skills & Competencies
- Entrepreneurial spirit able to build fruitful relationships with third parties
- Efficient worker with strong analytical skills and attention for details
- Numerical and able to synthetize and communicate well
- Motivated individual with good team spirit
- Experience in energy commodities trading
- Experience in building business relationships