Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Junior trading role as part of the LNG Portfolio Trading team reporting directly to the senior trader. Manage execution, deal booking and positions in European Gas and FX across the LNG Portfolio. This person will be expected to support existing senior traders with opportunity to progress to own mandate for the right candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Trade Execution: Work orders for the LNG Trading team and the Portfolio Trading Optimisation book on various indices (TTF, Eurogas, FX, HH, oil). Monitor and interrogate traded markets for intel/trade opportunities. JKM execution under the mandate of the senior trader to be developed as the role expands. Demonstrate best practice, maintain accuracy and be cognisant of ‘license to trade’ at all times;
- Deal Lifecycle: Own the post-deal process across prompt year and forward IFRS years including hedge accounting requirements. Advise best-fit booking approaches for new transactions, Deal Process Team interaction, IBT generator, Endur and LTRM set-up. Monthly validation of up-to-date view of forward portfolio vs designated hedges in line with Technical Accounting and Product Control;
- Position Reporting: Maintain LNG Dashboard (consolidated position management tool), reconcile positions daily vs LTRM, Endur and new transactions. Identify ways to improve and build functionality as required. Produce reports and positional information on request. Work on strengthening our analytics in collaboration with relevant department/the senior trader;
- Mandate Efficiency: understand and target efficient use of VAR, IM etc;
- Book Structure: Ability to track the portfolio across multiple books/desks and understand the implications of book structure, look with ‘fresh eyes’ at existing structures to ensure fit for business and correct incentives for the company;
Skills & Competencies
- FX exposure: Manage cashflow hedge requirements and keep track of consolidated position. Review physical contracting for streamlining/consolidation opportunities;
- RISE Strategy: Work with wider LNG team and the Gas Desk on the development of the Regas business and exposure management to ensure monetisation of Dunkerque capacity and maximum exploitation of cross-company synergies;
- Physical LNG: Assist with pricing bids/offers and own relevant clauses of physical deals (price, FX, hub diffs, options etc.). Assist with understanding and commercial structuring of exposures and hedge strategies, including extrinsic and optimisation P&L;
- In general, be proactive in sharing good practice and good ideas across the team and/or management.
Quantitative experience in a commodity trading organisation.
Actual trading experience is not required but a solid understanding of financial trading instruments and genuine desire to understand markets and consequent trade strategies is a must.