What we are looking for
- To maximise the value of the SEFE LNG regasification portfolio through effective optimisation, exploiting economic opportunities with the broad market as well as the company’s gas desk and downstream.
- In close coordination with the Physical LNG Team and the Physical Gas operators, to take an active role in enabling or/and executing LNG financial and physical trading strategies across relevant European physical hubs.
- Provide an efficient and live link between the LNG Team (physical and financial), the operations teams and the Gas Desk
What you will do
- Proactive management of regasification optionality within the LNG portfolio whilst staying within all the physical constraints of the terminal, the gas network and the LNG operations team.
- Work collaboratively with the physical trading team on regas deal opportunities and the LNG operation team for operational constraints and scheduling
- Providing a route to market for physical team for short term hedges across European hubs
- Other areas of focus to include capacity booking/resell and capacity valuing/trading and short term regas portfolio development, developing synergies and collaboration with the gas desk.
- Provide out of hours support for the operations team.
- Elaborate and implement short term trading strategies across European gas hubs (time and location spreads) using the desks’ allocated VaR to general positive value
- Form a view to help the LNG team in formulating and executing trading strategy
- Liaise and support origination team for mid/long term regas development and opportunities
- Support LNG prompt hedging on European physical hubs
- Ensure that trading activity complies with risk governance policies and procedures
- Review and sign off daily positions and relevant P&L trading reports
- Provide input for continuous development of trading applications and infrastructur
Securing Energy for Europe – it’s a simple statement, with a bold ambition. SEFE is not just our name, but also encompasses everything that drives us. To accomplish this, we’re taking immediate action to secure gas supply – but also looking forward, to explore our role in the European energy transformation and how we can contribute to a stable and sustainable future.
As a fully-integrated energy company, we serve our customers with an end-to-end energy value chain – from sourcing and trading to transport, storage and sales. Together, we ensure the security of gas supply in Germany and Europe and drive the green energy transformation. Our international teams work across locations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We’re passionate about energy and the important role it can play in shaping a better future.
Tailored by local office [Our Manchester office is home to over 320 employees in a diverse array of roles and specialties – from sales and operations, to technology, data science and more. As a key location for our Sales operations, we deliver a reliable supply of energy and a fantastic experience to more than 50,000 non-domestic energy consumers in Europe.]
Join SEFE and help us secure gas supply across Europe and shape a better, more sustainable tomorrow
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution. We offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes:
- Bonus earning potential
- Non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 2 volunteering days
- Buy / sell holidays
- Life assurance
- Medical and dental insurance
- Range of optional flexible benefits
Based from our offices in London, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.