Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
SEFE M&T Ltd is looking for a skilful candidate with a hungry mindset to create value for the LNG desk.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cover the LNG Freight market in coordination with the London-based LNG Charterer;
- Develop relationships with trading counterparts, brokers and owners to understand bids and offers levels and relay information to the desk effectively;
- Execute physical and financial freight trades depending on the needs of the desk;
- Coordinate with the supporting function to manage trade lifecycle of freight deals;
- Understand the LNG book positions to be able to bring freight strategies forward and create value;
- Close cooperation and support of SEFE group’s teams: including LNG Operation, Technical and Marine Assurance, Settlements desks, Legal.
- Support of Integrated Maritime Operations System (IMOS) and interaction with Back Office teams globally
- Other responsibilities as directed by management
Skills & Competencies
- Strong knowledge of the LNG freight market and its dynamics;
- Ability to originate, drive and close negotiation and take ownership of deal lifecycle;
- Fluent in LNG shipping technical and operational aspects;
- Strong knowledge of LNG Chartering legal frameworks, key commercial clauses in TCPs and key risks;
- Capacity to communicate effectively with the global LNG team;
- Ability to build business relationships at all levels (internally and externally);
- Positive mindset and pro-active approach.
- Proven track record in closing deals and chartering-in/out LNG vessels;
- Experience in chartering for an energy trading desk in high pace environment;
- Sea-going experience (advantageous)
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), in Maritime Studies