Are you always reaching for better? SEFE Energy is.
As a B2B energy supplier we supply thousands of organisations across the UK, France, and Netherlands with gas, electricity and sustainable energy products and services. To remain competitive, we must be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop.
Want to join us on our journey?
We are looking for a qualified solicitor to join our team in the Netherlands to provide our retail energy teams with advice and guidance on all legal issues affecting the end-supply business in the Netherlands.
Working closely with our Legal Counsel in Paris you will take the lead in providing advice to our end-supply business in the Netherlands. This will be a mix of commercial advice ranging from disputes through data protection to competition law.
Duties & Responsibilities
In this role you will focus on four key areas:
Contracts – Gas and power
Drafting and negotiating:
- gas and power supply agreements with business to business clients
- framework agreements with brokers
- supplier contracts
- Simplifying standard terms and conditions for the gas and power supply in the Netherlands
- In contact with internal operations and external counsels
- In relation to gas and power supply
- Amicable and judicial recovery of debts
Managing the termination of public tenders
Bankruptcy / Restructuring
- Providing legal advice on bankruptcy law issues
- Managing the corporate secretariat of the Dutch branch
Skills & Competencies
- Confident working with a high level of autonomy
- Strong communicator with the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work with both speed and a high degree of accuracy
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Deep knowledge of Dutch law
- Commercial contracting skills, including drafting, negotiation, and preparation of contracts
- Understanding of commercial law and experience working with a wide variety of commercial agreements (drafting, negotiation, and preparation of contracts)
- Knowledge of corporate law
- Experience of working in a retail gas or power business (desirable)
When applying for this role, please submit your application in English.
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive benefits package which includes bonus earning potential, non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, buy / sell holidays, life assurance, allowance for medical and dental insurance together with a range of optional flexible benefits.
Based in our office in ‘s-Hertogenbosch you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
If successful, this role will be offered as a fixed term contract for up to 12 months.
The 350 people working in our business are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations so you can expect to experience empathy and support throughout your journey with us. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
In the UK, our people practices have been awarded Gold status by Investors in People and we have a silver EcoVadis rating demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.