Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This role reports into Corporate Business Partnering Lead, within the Planning & Management Reporting (P&MR) team. The P&MR team plays a key role in supporting the management and functions of SEFE M&T with high quality financial information, analysis and advice, as well as supporting the wider SEFE Group by through budgetary and performance reporting according to Group requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and develop the relationship between senior management and Finance for IT, HR and Business Services, along with other small support functions.
- Provide insightful financial analysis as well as reporting, budgeting/ forecasting and accounting advice to support strategic decision making.
- Own control of SEFE M&T Group operating cost base and investment programme.
- Serve as a business partner and act as a key point of contact for all MI requirements.
- Provide the business with accounting guidance and understanding of IFRS reporting issues.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Finance team and wider business, developing good working relationships to ensure cross functional efficiency towards common Group goals.
- Provide support to senior management at SEFE M&T for budget and business plan submissions as part of the annual budgeting and business planning process and any subsequent reforecasting exercises.
- Proactively seek out improvement opportunities both from a process and a commercial perspective.
- Provide key support in the presentation of ad hoc analysis, communicating complex messages to non-Finance audiences.
- Challenge assumptions – thorough review of budget/forecast inputs to ensure accuracy and provide input to the cost challenge process.
- Contribute to ensuring that the provision of MI at SEFE M&T continues to strive toward best practice, reviewing that all team deliverables are accurate, insightful and focus on key commercial drivers.
- Support business and Group management in developing and reporting best practice financial performance indicators.
- Drive cost management, accountability and strategy across respective area.
- Support Procurement activity by executing precise budgetary review and control.
- Lead post implementation reviews of approved investment initiatives and track cost/ benefits.
- Understand and challenge performance drivers for the SEFE M&T Group through a commercial lens.
- Drive excellence and best practise within all areas of P&MR team, across the Finance function, and business as a whole.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent presentational & relationship building skills, with the ability to challenge, influence and give advice to senior stakeholders.
- Pro-active in achieving results with a track record of significant delivery.
- Highly organised individual.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player able to work effectively across geographical and functional boundaries.
- Strong analytical skills combined with sound accounting knowledge.
- Able to cope with rapid business change, multiple priorities and pressurised environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel modelling and Microsoft PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Bottom up opex and investment planning, plus visibility of end to end budgeting process advantageous.
- Cyclical FP&A reporting advantageous.
- Track record of being involved with commercial decision making.
- Qualified accountant or working towards qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Financial or analytical based degree