Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role of a Junior Back Office Application Support Analyst is:
- To support, monitor, maintain and operate all Middle and Back office Production applications at SEFE
- Responsible for providing high quality operational and technical application support to internal business functions
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily morning and evening checks for all the critical applications and providing a status summary report for the IT Operations Team
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationships with the business community to maintain and improve the services offered by the support function.
- Service request fulfilment including clarifying requirements with business and completion on relevant applications.
- Effectively manage production incidents, taking complete ownership towards the closure of the incident. Ensuring regular updates are provided for issues and liaising with the relevant support teams to ensure minimal downtime/disruption.
- Contribute to the execution of core team processes e.g. Change Management, Problem Management, Month End, Quarterly Application Audits, Application Server patching and cyclical application restarts
- Identifying underlying issues, providing short-term workaround/fix while liaising with development teams on long-term fixes.
- Deploy application code on all the production and pre-production environments across the various SEFE applications based on the release schedule. This includes managing all the business communications and post release environment availability.
- Contribute to the team knowledge management repository across our suite of applications ensuring all the operational, application support handover and process documents are maintained up to date.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to deliver and understand the importance of customer service excellence, face to face, over email and by telephone
- Excellent Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to follow defined to processes to complete tasks
- Ability to prioritise to meet strict service level agreements
- Ability to work autonomously
- Dedicated / Driven
- Well organised
- Technically proficient in MS Windows Server (2003 / 2008 / 2012) and MS SQL (2005 / 2008 / 2012), Web Technologies, MS Windows 7.
Advantageous: Technically proficient in PowerShell, Active Batch v12 or above, VBA, Power BI, TFS.
- Knowledge and understanding of the trade lifecycle
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Experience of end of day batch processing and business reporting
- Experience in the implementation and management of trading applications and associated interfaces.
- Understanding of ITIL framework.
- Understanding of code and simple debugging.
- Knowledge and understanding of PnL and the settlement and invoicing processes
- Experience of working with SQL, competent in investigating data related issues
- Understanding of the energy trading industry including product types
- Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management in Energy Trading Industry
- Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate or computing related subject
- Professional certifications in desired skills areas an advantage.