Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The role of the PMO Manager is to grow and lead the SEFE M&T IT PMO capability as well as develop the team. The success of the PMO Manager will be through creating a professional, high-performing team that focuses on supporting the needs of the delivery capabilities whilst guiding on best practice and adherence to process and policy.
A successful team will have the requisite knowledge and core skills to execute the governance and reporting requirements for the project managers / delivery leads within IT enabling accurate, timely & agile support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide governance and delivery quality assurance across the SEFE M&T Grp Portfolio, ensuring that projects are execute to a high standard and align to the governance principles
- Responsible for SEFE M&T Grp project delivery tools and processes (Timesheets, Resources, POs etc.) and be the single source of truth for SEFE M&T IT Portfolio reporting, resource data, and project documentation to facilitate the flow of information, consistency and data quality
- Ensure alignment of consistent processes across SEFE M&T Grp IT
- Deliver consistent and coherent delivery reporting to provide clear visibility across the group to meet internal and external stakeholder’s requirements for project portfolio and IT performance
- Monitor SEFE M&T Grp financial performance by providing IT Management analysis and recommendations to optimise cost management and decision making across SEFE M&T Group IT Projects and Services
- Guide project managers to help them deliver to agreed parameters and ensure they are trained and informed with SEFE M&T Group IT tools, processes and governance principles
- Manage and mentor a team of IT Analysts and Project Support Officers (PSO) who work directly with the project managers.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of structured project management methodologies as well as digital and agile approaches to delivery are an advantage
- Strong attention to details
- Strong Analytical skills and high level of accuracy in all area of work
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative to plan and prioritise multiple activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of using Project Management Tooling (KeyedIn ideally)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Project Professional
- Strong knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, diagrams, formulas)
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and presentation preparation
- Able to tailor reporting to stakeholder requirements
- Flexible, ‘can-do’ approach with a willingness to be involved in activities if required
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Being proactive and driven for results
- Team player
- Experience leading an IT PMO Office
- Experience of working in an agile project delivery space
- Reporting using advanced Excel
- PowerPoint usage and presenting to stakeholders
- MS Office