About the role
As an Intraday Power Trader you will identify, develop and execute trading strategies for SEFE-MT in the intraday and short term power market across Europe. The role is within a team and may require out of hours and weekend working depending on the market opportunities available.
What you’ll do
An Intraday Power trader will develop and manage trading ideas/strategies in the short term European power market. Including developing and perform fundamental analysis and modelling of the market. Working with the power team analysts and traders to develop strategies, you will;
- Follow, understand and be able to explain news stories about the European power network, market, companies and regulations
- Partner with the power operations team to continually improve operational performance
- Support and develop the bilateral trading and origination businesses
- Work closely with the power traders to develop and execute cross-border strategies
- Accurate reporting of trades, positions and PnL. to manage trading risk; within agreed limits and due regard to market liquidity
What you’ll need
You will be able to explain a complex technical subject to a wider audience of differing skills and experience, with detailed knowledge and understanding of electricity generation, transmission, and supply. The ability to manage many different priorities and deadlines is key. You will also have;
- Strong business and organisational skills
- Identify, develop and deliver trading strategies and entrepreneurial opportunities
- IT and programming skills in Python, SQL or VBA
- Understanding of another European language (preferable)
- Analytical thinking
- Able to work alone and a part of team
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent qualification or experience.
Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.