Are you an experienced communication professional looking for an opportunity to make a difference? We are looking for someone to help drive strategic communication across our retail businesses in Manchester, Paris and Den Bosch.
As a B2B energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. To remain competitive, we must be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop.
Want to join us on our journey?
Working with our wider business and change teams you will create and implement group-wide communication initiatives to ensure a strong sense of connectivity and drive employee engagement and organisational culture.
You will develop internal communication content, creating and building a clear employer brand that is aligned with our strategic priorities and Always Reaching for Better (ARFB) values.
What will you do?
- Work collaboratively, to create and coordinate an internal communications content agenda, including project updates to ensure consistent, timely and impactful cascade of key messages to colleagues, across the SEFE Group
- Develop messaging frameworks aligned to company vision, brand strategy and business priorities utilising various channels
- Create and drive an internal communications calendar to ensure our messaging is consistent, engaging, topical and inclusive; managing core internal communication tools using insight data and feedback to review and improve engagement within the teams and across the business
- Collaborate with the Marketing team and Communications colleagues in other entities to ensure internal messaging and content takes brand guidelines, messaging, and priorities into account
- Work with our HR team to develop, communicate and embed our EVP. Write copy and content for employee lifecycle touch points to demonstrate our SEFE Energy personality and EVP
- With the Marketing team, support the creation and roll out of external communication strategy to attract quality candidates and support with key strategic recruitment priorities
- Provide communications support to the Employee Action Group, working to improve the environment for all our employees
- Assist with delivery of staff events and initiatives
What will you bring?
You will have worked in a successful communications or change manager role, communicating internally across a wide variety of channels and developing and delivering strategic and operational communication plans.
You will need:
- A thorough knowledge of tracking and evaluation methods for internal communication
- Knowledge of employee engagement theory and best practice internal communication
- Experience of collecting and analysing feedback data to present key findings and recommendations
Your skills will include:
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and manage projects autonomously from start to finish
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence stakeholders
- Excellent organisation skills and proven ability to manage a busy and varied workload and work to deadlines and optimise budgets
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills with evidence of strong copywriting and editing skills and great attention to detail
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint
You’ll be educated to degree level or have extensive professional experience in a relevant discipline e.g. communications, marketing, media, business change or project management
Additional language skills (French, Dutch), plus a relevant professional qualification (i.e., CIPR) would be an advantage
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and volunteering days
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Based at our offices in Manchester City Centre or London, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Who are we?
We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.