We began our journey as an ambitious, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, built on great relationships and a passion for growth and excellent customer service. We continuously developed our products to reach more customers and in less than ten years, we grew from employing a handful of people and suppling less than a hundred customers to become one of Britain’s leading non-domestic energy suppliers. We now supply thousands of businesses and organisations with the energy they need to provide their products and services used by millions of people across Britain, France and the Netherlands. We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees and together, our mission is clear.
As a business we have to be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to expertly respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop. Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
The Industry Operations Analyst will ensure that all communication instructions, responses and information shared between Market Participants involved in the provision, installation, operation and maintenance of metering, SMART metering and AMR assets in the regulated retail gas market are actioned to industry standards
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the coordination of our metering, SMART metering and AMR providers so that they exceed our internal and external installation and incoming data SLA’s
- Supporting the coordination of all industry and internal file flows and emails relating to the project management of any appropriate Metering, SMART metering and or AMR Service.
- The identification of sites from SEFE’s portfolio who are eligible for SMART metering and AMR
- Sourcing new contact details and data cleansing sites eligible for SMART metering and AMR
- Liaising with all third parties involved in the installation process to ensure the install is successful
- SMART metering and AMR Exception management; the identification and resolution of issues or queries preventing SMART metering or AMR read being used for invoice production
- Providing regular and ad-hoc AMR update reports to customers and Third-Party Intermediaries
- Manging the Embedded Generation, SMART metering and AMR Portfolio Installs and queries and working with employees across the business to find resolutions
- Efficiently and proactively managing the Metering, SMART metering and AMR mailbox as well as handling several internal and external phone calls
- Maintain and Develop high levels of Customer Service in support of the SEFE Operational and Sales functions
- Manage Exceptions as part of our internal Bill Run process
- Cleanse and manage duplicate provider data across our Portfolio, ensuring cost analysis is completed
- Working with our Settlements team to resolve queries that have a large financial impact
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the SEFE Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by the Supply & Industry Manager and in line with business needs.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Group/Company Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise workloads and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team
- Previous Experience in Gas and Power metering preferred but not essential
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive benefits package which includes; bonus earning potential, non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, buy / sell holidays, life assurance, allowance for medical and dental insurance together with a range of optional flexible benefits.
Based from our office in Manchester City Centre you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
The 350 people working in our business are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations so you can expect to experience empathy and support throughout your journey with us. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
In the UK, our people practices have been awarded Gold status by Investors in People and we have a silver EcoVadis rating demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.