We began our journey as an ambitious, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, built on great relationships and a passion for growth and excellent customer service. We continuously developed our products to reach more customers and in less than ten years, we grew from employing a handful of people and supplying less than a hundred customers to become one of Britain’s leading non-domestic energy suppliers. We now supply thousands of businesses and organisations with the energy they need to provide their products and services used by millions of people across Britain, France and the Netherlands. We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees and together, our mission is clear.
As a business we have to be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to expertly respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop. Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
The role of the HR Coordinator is to provide responsive support to manage the effective administration of employee lifecycle processes in a commercial and trusted manner within agreed SLAs. This role is accountable for continuous process improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administrative support to the on-boarding process including drawing up employment contracts and co-ordination of the post-offer process
- Co-ordinate the new starter process, including induction arrangements, communication to relevant departments, updating SAP and organisation charts
- Coordinate post-induction arrangements, e.g. end of probation
- General admin support to the HR function, including ad hoc employee correspondence, support queries and requests and maintaining employee files
- Create letters and documents in support of the Joiners, Movers, Leavers (JML) and employee life cycle processes for Line Managers and Employees
- Responsible for identifying changes in the JML processes and escalating where appropriate
- Provide assistance with maternity/paternity/adoption leave arrangements
- Provide administrative assistance with all L&D activity.
- Update employee data on SAP (HR System); create and amend positions and update organisation structures in SAP to reflect team changes.
- Responding to a variety of reference requests in a timely manner
- Respond to HR queries
- Provide support to the HR Systems and Operations Lead with compensation review preparation and benchmarking
- Support the process for new visas and monitor existing visa expiry and extension requirements ensuring compliance with UK Border Agency guidelines
- Support HR Projects where applicable.
Payroll, Reward, Benefits
- Liaise with Payroll Services to ensure delivery of monthly Joiner, Mover & leaver administration (JML)
Skills & Competencies
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, organised and commercial
- Results focused with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Passionate about team work and providing excellent service
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good relationship management capabilities
- Diligent and reliable
- Proactive in achieving results and seeking improvements
- Operational HR administration experience is essential, ideally from within an international organisation
- Understanding of UK employment legislation and HR management practices
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel & Word
- Working knowledge of SAP HR – preferred
- Professional HR qualification – not essential
- Degree level education (or equivalent) – not essential
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive benefits package which includes; bonus earning potential, non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, buy / sell holidays, life assurance, allowance for medical and dental insurance together with a range of optional flexible benefits.
Based from our office in Manchester City Centre you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
The 350 people working in our business are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations so you can expect to experience empathy and support throughout your journey with us. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
In the UK, our people practices have been awarded Gold status by Investors in People and we have a silver EcoVadis rating demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.