Our UK Trading Accounting team have an opportunity for a technical accountant with proven experience and knowledge of IFRS hedge accounting (IAS39 or IFRS9) to join the team in the role of Hedge Accounting Controller.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Using your technical expertise, you will
- Evaluate specific commercial issues relating to SEFE Market & Trading’s (SM&T) trading, origination and business development activities, providing access to liaising with a broad array of managers across the business (both finance and non-finance)
- Act as a centre of expertise for technical hedge accounting issues, both within SM&T and SEFE Group
- Review and maintain established Group accounting procedures and policies, ensuring ongoing accuracy with commercial and IFRS developments, compliance, and consistency across the group
- Provide advice to business and finance managers on hedge accounting issues e.g.statutory reporting and disclosure, month end reporting, budgeting, planning and forecasting issues, with a focus on high value and complex items such as new contracts, acquisitions
- Develop relevant workshops for education as required
- Take the lead with the management of the LNG hedge accounting model including: administration, and documentation of the hedge accounting processes and their ongoing evolution
- Ensure that all hedge relationships are documented and that all IFRS 9 hedge accounting criteria are met and in conjunction with Product Control, ensure all hedge ineffectiveness is calculated in accordance with IFRS 9 and booked correctly
- Perform and oversee detailed analysis of all P&L and reserve movements
- Perform a technical assessment of new and proposed financial and risk management activities to ensure compliance with IFRS9 hedge accounting rules
- Work on ad hoc projects as required including corporate restructuring and consolidation hedge accounting.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
You will be a qualified accountant with outstanding technical skills (IFRS hedge accounting IAS39 or IFRS9). You will demonstrate the ability to understand and interpret complex trading contracts and place this into the conceptual accounting framework, ensuring the derived treatment is applied in practice. You will have hands on experience and a detailed understanding of financial or commodity derivatives and be able to analyse the impact of new activities on the company financials and ensure the accounting team can propose optimal accounting solutions.
You will also demonstrate
- Strong stakeholder management experience with the ability engage both internal and external audiences
- The ability to quickly build trust with senior stakeholders in non-finance functions
- Flexibility of approach to ensure compliance with deadlines
- A proactive and decisive mindset
- Comfort in developing and running projects on own initiative with minimal input
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
Securing Energy for Europe – it’s a simple statement, with a bold ambition. SEFE is not just our name, but also encompasses everything that drives us. To accomplish this, we’re taking immediate action to secure gas supply – but also looking forward, to explore our role in the European energy transformation and how we can contribute to a stable and sustainable future.
As a fully-integrated energy company, we serve our customers with an end-to-end energy value chain – from sourcing and trading to transport, storage, and sales. Together, we ensure the security of gas supply in Germany and Europe and drive the green energy transformation. Our international teams work across locations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We’re passionate about energy and the important role it can play in shaping a better future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution.
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes.
- non-contributory pension
- bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and volunteering days
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- a wide range of optional flexible benefits
- hybrid working
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Join SEFE and help us secure gas supply across Europe and shape a better, more sustainable tomorrow