Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Providing independent analysis on risk and control aspects of the incident to provide appropriate recommendations, capture all action details, track statuses and record resolutions
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary responsibilities:
- Exchange setup and admin
- JML of users and increasing permissions across multiple exchanges.
- Coordination of forms and liaison with front office to include various requirements.
- Exchange and associated controls
- Quarterly reconciliations for exchange access, voice recording, internet banking and trader dashboard exceptions.
- Clearing account administration
- Requesting limit changes across multiple clearers, as applicable, in line with trading activity.
- Linking users and assigning clearing accounts to products.
- Joiner/Mover/Leaver process
- Lead of Op Risk tasks for JML
- Provide support to the Trading Capability Lead for Operational Readiness Projects for new exchange related commercial activity across the Front Office;
- Op Risk support tasks
- Support Key Risk Indicator (KRI) reporting:
- Generation and distribution of weekly and monthly MS Excel based operational risk metrics.
- Support the incident management programme:
- Respond to incidents timely, drafting details of incidents accurately following investigation and administration of the incident management system.
- Support in producing operational risk content and materials for monthly and ad-hoc management reporting, e.g. ROC, BCAN, OPCOM;
Skills & Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with front, middle and back office personnel in a clear, concise and insightful manner;
- Attentive and seeks to understand others views with the ability to communicate complex issues.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Deal-lifecycle knowledge in a commodity trading business, including an understanding of key front, middle and back office processes that comprise it.
- Strong MS Office skills, proficient MS Excel skills would be advantageous.
- Reliable and diligent.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team orientated environment.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment where priorities can change at sometimes short notice.
- The successful candidate will ideally have experience of the deal-lifecycle in a trading organisation (energy experience would be advantageous), through a direct role in the front, middle or back office or in an operational risk, process analysis or internal audit role.
- Role would suit a graduate with 1-2 years relevant experience.