We are looking for an Environmental Products Originator with extensive experience working in front office roles focused on the voluntary carbon market (VCM), APAC compliance markets, and Upstream Emission Reduction (“UER”) project development
- Knowledge of /experience in:
- Voluntary carbon credit value drivers
- Interactions between compliance markets and the VCM
- Carbon trading & hedging strategies
- Financial modelling
- Carbon project deal structuring
- Carbon market policy, in particular relating to Paris Agreement Article 6 and its applications in the APAC region, and the evolution of jurisdictional ETS’s.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Identify, develop, execute and risk manage carbon offset and compliance credit origination and trading opportunities in the region, to help build a well-balanced, well hedged global portfolio in Environmental Products by performing tasks such as:
- Actively developing origination strategy and leads by frequently meeting with carbon market actors, attending seminars and meeting clients and stakeholders in the region
- Developing business capability and strategic partnerships in regional compliance markets
- Building a forward stream of Article 6 compliant credits
- Regular Liaison with the EP team in London to develop and process opportunities.
- Regular reporting on policy developments in the region and identification of related trading opportunities
- Assisting with the ongoing development of a comparative assessment framework for carbon project investment/streaming prospects
- Contributing to term sheet and long form contract drafting activities, devising structures that provide SEFE with optionality, risk mitigation, value creation and protection.
- Co-owning the risk and the PnL of the portfolio
- Working in tandem with EP project managers and traders to develop SEFE secondary marketing activities, risk management and hedging strategy.
- Provide clear and effective commercial input to internal operational readiness process for onboarding complex contracts, and ongoing commercial support throughout deal lifecycle;
- Ensure transactions meet relevant policies and standards at every stage of the deal life-cycle/pipeline;
You will be required to:
- Develop upstream emission reduction consulting opportunities focusing on generation of UER certificates, and provision of route-to-market. Client portfolio and product expertise development.
- Assist in the effective integration of such structures within the organization
- Build strategic relationships with key internal stakeholders, promoting Environmental Products business activities.
- Actively engage with senior team members regarding development of EP strategy, including product and project focus, innovative commercial structures, etc
- Lead sales strategy development in the region
- Represent the business and promote its EP business activities externally
- Act as the centre of knowledge for the relevant geography, projects and products
- Proactively share relevant market information, market updates and analysis with relevant teams within the organisation
- Identify processes and procedure efficiencies
- automate, digitise and introduce data-driven solutions to (internal and external) Ways-of-Working, commercial and operational processes
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Ensure deal pipeline is filled with high-quality and high integrity opportunities
- Ensure project risks are identified and mitigated to the extent possible throughout the deal lifecycle
- Act as key point of liaison between SEFE and regional stakeholders
- Deliver agreed annual P&L targets
- Maintain full compliance with SEFE Group Risk framework and other relevant frameworks and guidelines
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution.
We offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes:
- Non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 2 volunteering days
- Buy / sell holidays
- Life assurance
- Medical and dental insurance
- Range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in Singapore, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Join SEFE and help us secure gas supply across Europe and shape a better, more sustainable tomorrow.