Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
To support the development and management of flow trading activities of SM&T’s automated trading infrastructure. The key task of this role is to look after the Digital Trading estate, be responsible for risk management of trading activity through active oversight of our systematic solution, understanding of end to end deal process and algorithmic landscape.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of flow trading book and working closely to assist Digital team
- Identify and make split-second trading decisions that can instantly impact profitability
- Understand and apply knowledge of the exchanges’ rules & regulations and market structures in which we engage
- High attention to detail and be able to advise on improvements and find workarounds around IT estate and processes
- Become an expert in understanding possible issues and solving them promptly independently
Skills & Competencies
- Strong team player
- Understanding of commodity trading and risk management
- Self-motivated, independent-thinker
- Able to cope in dynamic environment with rapid business growth
- Effective multi-tasker
- Able to make decisions in a pressured environment
- Excellent Excel skills, preferably intermediate to advanced
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to Python/C# or any other programming is a plus and an interest to expand your technical skills
- Educated to degree level, masters preferable, or equivalent experience.