Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
DevOps/Infrastructure Engineering within the SEFE Group is at both a very exciting and yet critical point. Having been formed in 2018, the team are targeted on automating key processes, connecting teams together and providing invaluable support to the organisation.
The team are looking for a passionate technologist who wants to be part of an important journey and help us mature the DevOps/Infrastructure Engineering function and its capabilities moving forward.
Over the next 6 to 12 months, the team have high aspirations, including projects like building a group wide containerisation platform, Existing upgrades to our Virtualisation Platform, Cloud initiatives involving Azure and improving our automation toolset amongst lots of other exciting deliverables
Aside from the technical skills, we are looking for a team member who can see the bigger picture and take their own experiences to help shape the future of ours.
The DevOps Network Engineer is responsible for working with the delivery and operational functions to design, build and handover of all network delivery requirements and enhancements, as well as continuous improvement of existing solutions to enhance efficiency, cost, and operations.
This is a technical role requiring a deep understanding of all network related technologies and solutions in order to provide the best in class Infrastructure services to the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for key design decisions of any proposed DevOps/engineering solution and design
- Responsible for the continuous delivery and release capability
- Ensuring high standards of delivery, which are automated and standardised
- Providing input as part of a collective team to road maps and future enhancements
- Break fix of any escalations within agreed SLAs
Activities & Tasks
- Design and architecture
- Build and test
- Road maps to define ongoing improvements/enhancements
- Project delivery
- Hands on management of the environments to ensure consistency across these environments
- Automate wherever possible
- Defined standards and delivery of these services
- Other duties that from time to time are agreed with the DevOps Team Leads
Skills & Competencies
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility of projects and issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to think outside the box
- Good ability to see the broader picture as well as focus in on detail
- Constantly looks for ways to improve technologies, systems and processes
- Accepts that the role will require, on occasion, anti-social hours to be worked
- Working under pressure and delivering to timescales with changing business requirements
- Extensive practical routing and switching experience with Cisco IOS, NX-OS and ACI supporting high end, active-active datacentres including 6000 and 7000 series chassis
- Knowledge of Nexus 9300 series with leaf and spine architectures
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco firewalls and remote access technologies – ASA and Firepower
- Knowledge of F5 & Checkpoint Technologies
- Citrix NetScaler Technologies
- Cisco ISE
- Extensive knowledge around cloud capabilities and interconnection of cloud facilities with on prem facilities
- Wireless LAN infrastructure
- VPN and MPLS WAN technologies.
- VOIP, telephony infrastructure including IP and SIP based systems including video conferencing
- Trading telephony systems such as dealer boards and voice recorders.
- Practical knowledge of Internet Gateways & Proxies
- Monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Experience with scripting
- Experience with automation
- Experience with Azure DevOps