Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
Providing the business with beneficial, user focused enhancements to the middle and back office systems and delivering robust, scalable, and supportable solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Understanding business requirements and carrying out technical business analysis
- Delivering agile software solutions using Microsoft technologies
- Ensuring the SEFE development life-cycle and standards are followed
- Handing over all solutions to the Applications Support team, and providing 3rd line support, including out-of-hours on-call support.
- Documenting and sharing knowledge on all development.
Skills & Competencies
- Self-starter who is commercially aware and value focused. Able to work with minimal supervision and guidance
- Ability to work in a VUCA environment, where priorities shift regularly
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to explain a technical subject to a non-technical audience
- Ability to balance ideal solutions with practical delivery of requirements
- An understanding of commodities trading would be an advantage
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and above, including:
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) – Multi-Dimensional and Tabular
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and PowerBI
- Microsoft .Net and C#
- ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC
- Microsoft TFS with Git
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ would be an advantage
- Knowledge of SpecFlow would be an advantage
- Degree or equivalent in a Scientific, Computing or Engineering discipline
- Professional certifications in desired skill areas an advantage