What you’ll be doing
The Infra/DevOps Graduate scheme allows the successful candidate to develop understanding and experience of the varied technical disciplines within an in-house enterprise IT department, and of the trading environment in general. You will gain hands on experience during your learning programme, and we will work closely with you to find a position that matches your ambitions and brings the best out of your newly developed skills and interests.
You will get a rounded practical experience in Infrastructure, DevOps, Networking and many more along with Infrastructure Development, e.g. IaC. With this broad experience you will develop your skills and preference to secure a position within Enterprise IT on conclusion of the 2 yr. programme.
What we need from you…
Our teams also rely on a solid foundation of knowledge gained through education and experience. You will have a degree level education in a numerate subject such as Computer Science, Science, Engineering or Mathematics. You will also;
- Keen technologist, someone who likes solving problems with tech
- A good communicator, able to explain a technical subject to a non-technical audience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with good attention to detail
- Ability to foster and build relationships across teams
What we’re looking for…
A successful Graduate will also have a passion for technology and continuous learning. You will want to develop your career and progress. Ideally you will also have;
- Prior internship or experience in Infrastructure/Coding/Networking through your degree
- A self-starter, who can work both autonomously, and as part of a larger team
- Understanding of key concepts around software development such as:
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Project Delivery
- Scrum, Kanban and Agile working
What it’s like working at SEFE M&T
SM&T’s mission is to secure gas supply for Europe and help drive the transition towards renewable energy that the future needs. It’s a big ambition and one that wouldn’t be possible without the extraordinary people that we work with.
SM&T is a place where warmth and positivity are as important as learning and growing. As a grad, you’ll be supported in everything you do. Your ideas will be listened to. You’ll have the scope to find what you love, and then do more of it. More importantly, it’s somewhere that you’ll enjoy coming to work each and every day.
About our Graduate Scheme
First launched in 2021, this scheme has had success in developing and training Software Engineers now embedded within the Trading IT delivery teams.
After the initial 3 month onboarding/boot camp where you will brush up on the main technologies used in the teams, it is straight into practical experience. A 6 month (each) rotation period includes 3 placements where you work in a specialist team or vertical. Additionally you will take on a mini project with the support of a mentor, to create something that just might be rolled out company wide!