Want to join us on our journey?
As a Data Scientist you will join the Digital Trading team and be at the pinnacle of SM&T’s automated trading infrastructure. You will work closely with the Digital Trading team to analyse and interpret large and complex commodity market time series data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that will improve our trading decisions. You will be responsible for developing predictive models and algorithms, creating visualizations and reports, and communicating results. As well as responsible for helping to improve algorithmic trading strategies and support existing strategies using Python in the energy commodity space.
What you will do
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for analysing large and complex time series data as well as developing and maintaining databases and data pipelines, ensuring efficient data processing and analysis. Working in a growing business area you will also
- Conduct research and analysis to improve the accuracy and efficiency of trading decisions
- Create visualizations and reports to communicate results and insights to stakeholders
- Develop and implement statistical models and algorithms to support trading strategies
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the performance of trading strategies and make recommendations for improvement
- Apply software engineering rigor and best practices to machine learning, including CI/CD, automation, etc
- Understand and apply knowledge of market structures in which we engage.
What you’ll bring to the role
Whilst understanding commodity trading is better for the role, you will need to be comfortable working in a dynamic environment of a rapidly growing business.
You will have experience in working with commodity market data, analysis, modelling and visualisation working with large datasets. Knowledge of statistical modelling techniques such as regression and time series analysis is essential. You will also have;
- Knowledge of statistical modelling techniques such as regression, time series analysis
- Effective multi-tasker with great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Python skills and analytical skills
- Degree qualified in STEM or have equivalent experience
- Strong team player with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing &; Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.