Are you an experienced Data Analyst looking to join an organisation committed to placing data and technology at the heart of their business model?
As a B2B energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. To remain competitive, we must be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop.
Want to join us on that journey?
What you will do
As an experienced data analyst, you will be responsible for collecting data from various sources, ensuring connectivity to the various data sources, and understanding business issues to define appropriate data models.
Some of the key tasks and activities include:
- Provide technical support related to data structures, data models and meta data management. Participate in early data modelling and testing for use case development, provide input on how to improve proposed solutions and implement necessary changes
- Work closely with IT teams on internal data and be aware of the global architecture and all the processes, to avoid any omission for new offer and products and to make our system more agile to stay competitive.
- Collection of requirements
- Analysis and writing of technical and functional specifications
- Drawing up the specifications
- Development of data integration programs
- Development of webservices for web/mobile applications
- Implementation of APIs
- Writing of technical specifications and all operating documentation,
- Ensure the deployment on the different environments
Applications for the role are to be sent in English please.
What you will bring to the role
Essential (must meet all of these):
- Work experience as a data engineer/analyst
- Experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Team worker
- Experience in the energy market
- ETL / Talend
IT training at BAC+4/5 level – Engineering school or University.
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, fantastic, broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- allowance for medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Who are we?
We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.